Riders in Lewisburg?- Mtbr.com

Sep 2007

Riders in Lewisburg?

Anybody live in the Lewisburg W.V. area? My family lives in Alderson so I make the trip from Maine for Thanksgiving and Christmas, if anyone is around that wants to ride, or could tell me some places to ride around here hit me up.

Thanks,
    Emerson

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    There are two trails near Alderson that I have ridden. Little Beaver State Park is West of Alderson near I 64 on the way to Beckley. Douththat State Park in Virginia is also close to I 64 approx. ! hour East of Alderson. Both have reviews on this site.

mtbr member
    I have ridden little beaver a few times and it is quite fun. There is one trail, can't remember the name, that should be marked for hikers only (probably is and I miss read the trail map). It really did not have any sinlge track. The perimeter is not too bad and has some pretty areas. The trail running along the stream has some fun rhododenrum (sp) tunnels that make you hunker down a bit and a couple small root sections. If you PM an email I will try to scan the map for you when I get home Tuesday night and send so you can use as a guide.

CrgCrkRyder
    Apr 2007

Greenbriar State Forest

Greenbriar State Forest near White Sulfur Springs and Caldwell has some trails. They have a trail map at www.Greenbriarsf.com. Never ridden there, but its pretty steep all around park (of course it is West Virginia). Also noticed from their web site that they allow hunting there. Definitely would want to check on WV seasons before wandering out in the woods. Could be Sunday riding only like in the National Forest. Greenbriar River Trail also ends near Caldwell if you want an easy ride after too much turkey.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    If you are coming 81 south tho 64 west you will drive right by Douthat, great riding, well marked trails.

Members who have read this thread: 0