Ride Suggestions--Stokesville, VA- Mtbr.com
    Happy Trails
    Apr 2010

Ride Suggestions--Stokesville, VA

headed to Stokesville/Stauton, VA tis weekend. Thinking of doing Southern Traverse Saturday and Trimble Mountain early Sunday. Have to be home Sunday afternoon Richmond area. Any ride suggestions out there??? Dowell's Draft vs. Southern Traverse etc. Thanks

Ride Bikes. Drink Beer. Repeat :thumbsup:

featherweight clydesdale
    There is a mt bike festival at the Stokesville campground over the long weekend. Bring your tent, couple bucks for food, and hit one of the multiple rides going from the campground.
    Charlottesville Area Mountain Bike Club
    www.cambc.org

I am the owl
    Quote Originally Posted by Fattirewilly View Post
    There is a mt bike festival at the Stokesville campground over the long weekend. Bring your tent, couple bucks for food, and hit one of the multiple rides going from the campground.
    What he said.

Let the locals show you the goodies, you won't be sorry

Mike on Grooms by sso, on Flickr

On a ridge in the Shenadoah Mountains by sso, on Flickr
    SingleSpeedOutlaw .com
    Riding Bikes and Drinking Beer.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Southern Traverse is a must ride so that's a good call for Sat. I'd pass on Trimble Mtn. for Sunday. It's a decent loop, but there are a lot of better rides in the immediate area. Trimble is around a 4 mile loop - 3 miles up, 1 mile down. Only takes 45min. or so. IMO the climb is hardly worth the downhill. If you do ride it, go CW, and it has a false summit, so heads up.

Knowing you've got to hit the road early on Sunday, I'd recommend playing around on the trails of Narrowback, or depending on your riding pace you may be able to get a loop ride in of Hankey/Dowell's Draft - a great trail, or another great loop that is a bit longer is up Reddish/down Chestnut Ridge.

I was riding out in the area two weeks ago, and the trails were a bit leafy yet. The increased summer traffic should help track them in more.

If you need more ride suggestions or trail routes, PM me.

Happy Trails
    Apr 2010
    actually going to do braley's pond on saturday and grindstone on sunday. thanks for the suggestions.

AP

Ride Bikes. Drink Beer. Repeat :thumbsup:

Members who have read this thread: 0