richmond snow and camp hilbert- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Nov 2006

richmond snow and camp hilbert

Here in southern maryland we got about 10 inches of snow. It will be sometime before this melts and the trail drains all the snow melt. I was wondering how bad richmond got hit with snow. What do some of the locals think about the chances of hilbert still going off.

I got an email from the race director saying he was going to make the call on friday. He thinks there is still a good chance of having the race. To me it just seems impossable, but I'm not really sure how much snow hilbert got.

The reality is I'm not ready for the enduro, being out of shape in super muddy conditions dosen't seem like much fun.

Thanks
    Dan

Slummin'
    Sep 2007
    Hey Dan Iím not 100% on how much snow Goochland (where the race is) received but here in the city of Richmond we got a hair over 6Ē and there is still a good amount of it on the ground in the form of packed power & Ice. Itís supposed to be sunny for the coming days so it will hopefully be melting away but Iíd say on Sunday itís still going to be a sloppy mess unless we get some serious sun. I just put a new drive train on the MTB and 5 hours of mud isnít what it needs. Now a cross bike that might be the ticket.

On the other hand the sun may just bake the trails dry.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    I agree! I hope it dries up but I would think it will still be really messy...especially with 60+ riders! Not an ideal situation for sure. Have they rescheduled in the past? I know it is a private course, but I would think they would want to minimize the abuse that so many bikes in muddy conditions would cause.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Just got an email that the race was rescheduled to April 4 due to snow.

Members who have read this thread: 0