Reddish knob and Deathstar.- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Apr 2018

Reddish knob and Deathstar.

Hello.
    I'm driving up to ride reddish knob this weekend. Been 15yrs since Ive been there but I remember it being awesome. Has anyone used bluestone bike and runs shuttle service before? Last time I had family to drop me at the top, going solo this weekend.

If I ride Deathstar while I'm in the area, what is the best way to get back to the top? Any other trails that "must" be ridden in that area?

Thanks!

Delirious Tuck
    Subscribed... Looking at heading down in the fall. Rode Reddish in late march, climbed from lower lot to top. Easy, but long, climb.

another bozo on the bus
    Bluestone shuttle is legit. Good folks over there. Lots of options to ride. Again, Bluestone can set you up with beta and let you what has been cleared and whats grown in. Red Diamond, Pond Knob, Meadow Knob all just down the ridge from Deathstar.

mtbr member
    Apr 2018
    Figured I'd give yall and update. I was not able to get in touch with Bluestone shuttle, but I risked it and drove to the top of Reddish Knob, figuring I'd ride back up if I had too. Luckily a couple guys were unloading bikes right as I got there. After a little chatting we rode down together and they hooked me up with a ride back to the top.

About the Reddish Knob trail. It was awesome but it was a lot rougher than I remember. It is a old school trail and the water has been hard on it. There is no way I would have enjoyed this on the hard tail I rode in the 90s. It was a blast I hit 32mph and spent most of the time in the low 20mph while being hard on the brakes, lol.

After that we went and rode another trail together but I can't remember the name of it. It was fun too, but very steep and like Reddish Knob I kept thinking they could make this trail twice as long at half the grade and it would be better and not wash out as bad.

Next time I'll hit Deathstar.

WillWorkForTrail
    Quote Originally Posted by karthur View Post
    Figured I'd give yall and update. I was not able to get in touch with Bluestone shuttle, but I risked it and drove to the top of Reddish Knob, figuring I'd ride back up if I had too. Luckily a couple guys were unloading bikes right as I got there. After a little chatting we rode down together and they hooked me up with a ride back to the top.

About the Reddish Knob trail. It was awesome but it was a lot rougher than I remember. It is a old school trail and the water has been hard on it. There is no way I would have enjoyed this on the hard tail I rode in the 90s. It was a blast I hit 32mph and spent most of the time in the low 20mph while being hard on the brakes, lol.

After that we went and rode another trail together but I can't remember the name of it. It was fun too, but very steep and like Reddish Knob I kept thinking they could make this trail twice as long at half the grade and it would be better and not wash out as bad.

Next time I'll hit Deathstar.
    Yep. Sustainability wasn't a think when that trail got made/burned in by hikers and hunters. It was there a long time before mountain biking was a thing. Trails like Timber Ridge and Wolf Ridge are why a lot of people think "IMBA" trail building sucks.