Recommend Bike Shop in NOVA with...- Mtbr.com

Aug 2005

Recommend Bike Shop in NOVA with...

I am looking for a "real" bike shop in Northern Virginia that has a decent selection of small frame full-suspension bikes. Girlfriend 5'3" needs to ride a bunch of different bikes. Would like something with decent prices. Anybody have any recommendations?

mtbr member

Nova Bike Shops

Quote Originally Posted by cruiserparts
    I am looking for a "real" bike shop in Northern Virginia that has a decent selection of small frame full-suspension bikes. Girlfriend 5'3" needs to ride a bunch of different bikes. Would like something with decent prices. Anybody have any recommendations?
    Performance Bike Shops usually have a decent selection and decent prices. There staff usually isn't the most knowledgable however.

REI in Baileys Crossroads has a wide selection of bikes and a knowledgeable staff

If you perfer to stay away from big chains, Revolution Cycles in Clarendon has a big selection and knowledgeable staff.

Spokes Etc., also has a pretty decent selection.

Aug 2005
    Are you still looking? If so, what shop you go to depends heavily on what kind of full suspension bike you're looking for. There are very many shops in the DC area. Most importantly, don't buy the bike from a salesperson who doesn't ride the discipline you're looking to purchase a bike in.

I wouldn't buy an REI full suspension bike. Unless their selection has changed since I was last there a month ago, they dont offer very many options though the costs may be slightly less. Their gussets are also a joke. Have you looked at A-1 cycles or pedalsport?

May 2005
    Try "The Bike Lane" in burke va. They carry trek/fisher and others. They are very involved with local clubs and racing, so they deserve support back. I used to work with Todd, one of the owners, and I remember him as being a decent guy.

I wrench for Performance, and we definitely have some people working there that don't know their ass from their elbow when it comes to bikes (that won't stop them from speaking pedanticly, though). You should try more than one shop and more than one salesperson at each shop so you can make sure that you can avoid bad advice. If you find a guy or girl that is a reliable and honest career shop rat, stick with him or her, because they're hard to find and worth their weight in gold.

But PBS does have good prices, free tune-ups forever with a bike purchase, and a 100% satisfaction guarantee that can be stretched to ridiculous lengths (if you're loud enough).

kona-tize me captain
    Quote Originally Posted by oldskoolbiker
    Performance Bike Shops usually have a decent selection and decent prices. There staff usually isn't the most knowledgable however.

REI in Baileys Crossroads has a wide selection of bikes and a knowledgeable staff

If you perfer to stay away from big chains, Revolution Cycles in Clarendon has a big selection and knowledgeable staff.

Spokes Etc., also has a pretty decent selection.

hey man i have done my fair share of research with all the shops in virginia lol. i have looked all over the place for a store that carries downhill parts and indoing so found many good qulaity stores.

spokes etc- good place, nice guys, more of a road bike store.

performance bike- alright selection, some of the guys there dont know what they are talking about.(sell u a xc bike for dirtjumping) but they have a fair amount of all bikes

A-cycling-great staff, most of them ride, got the best slection for downhill parts etc. good people. bike selection is alright. more bmx oriented

fleet street cycles- supposed to be a good fullsuspension store. seem like they know what there dealing with

Revolution cycles in clarendon- nice store good people. if u need help with a bike, talk to collin (works in the back) u can pm at zerossix tell him austin sent you he should help u. there always changin there bikes so i couldnt tell u about them

hopefully that should help u
    Last edited by austinb89; 09-13-2005 at 05:49 PM.
    Looking for a 7.87 x 2.25mm shock, any brand any age that runs well!! cheap would be appreciated!

What It Be ?
    The Bike Lane in Burke. Good people up there. They put my 8500 togther Trek warenty. www.thebikelane.com I think

mtbr member
    Jan 2006

Where in NOVA?

Beltway area or Western corner?

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Cycle Pro shop (or something like that) down in Georgetown seemed to have a good selection and good staff. Bike Lane in Burke is good.

mtbr member
    Bike Stop in Culpeper

540-825-2105

http://www.rideva.com/

James