Proposed trail elimination in Brandywine(DE)!- Mtbr.com
    g=9.764m/s2

Proposed trail elimination in Brandywine(DE)!

Help support the best trails Brandywine Creek State Park has by completing the survey through this Facebook post.https://www.facebook.com/groups/1312...381136?sfns=mo
    RE: proposed elimination of a number of trails on the South part of the trail map near Lebanon Road and off of Kilburn Road. These trails appear to include Jedi, Tres Saltos, Hunters, and others. These trails are among the most cherished in the region for mountain bikers. Unfortunately, we do not have much elevation in our parks, but the existing trails in the South part of the trail map are some of the best we have and it would be a real shame to have them closed.

mtbr member
    What a shame!
    I filled the survey, I asked for more bike and mtb trails. I hope they won't eliminate any

Oh, by the way, don't tell anyone, but I live 200 miles away Just wanted to help
    More you beef it up, more it will handle like a cow....:skep:

g=9.764m/s2
    Quote Originally Posted by scoobiemario View Post
    What a shame!
    I filled the survey, I asked for more bike and mtb trails. I hope they won't eliminate any

Oh, by the way, don't tell anyone, but I live 200 miles away Just wanted to help
    Thanks Scoobie!

West Chester, PA
    Sep 2006
    While I appreciate the efforts, If the state and their contractors have determined that those trails are hazardous to the environment/unsustainable/prone to rapid erosion, etc, no one is going to change their minds. We all know that there are many trails in the park that fit those criteria. Everyone has been crying about the changes in Wissahickon for years but it's all working out fine. Some of the "new" trails there that were deemed too sanitary are starting to wear a bit and getting better already.

What would really help is if someone would overlay those maps in some format that could be enlarged. I think what was currently provided is purposefully difficult to interpret. And those unofficial trail names don't help one bit. I've been riding there over 20 years and have never heard any of them.

mtbr member
    Jun 2019
    I'm interested in learn more about what happened. The funny thing is that those trails are some of the rockiest in the park, so not sure how much erosion there would be!

g=9.764m/s2
    No changes yet but here is the page with all plan details... Brandywine Creek Trail Plan

It was reported “The public meeting was interesting. Mountain bikers were bashing the Trail Spinners instead of joining forces. The survey is important but individuals will be in conflict with each other, Essentially cancelling out each other. Since the message isn't consistent Delaware State Parks typically won't modify their decision. It's why it's so important to have a unified group with political strength. The community is going to lose if we stay divided.”

mtbr member
    Jun 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Undescended View Post
    No changes yet but here is the page with all plan details... Brandywine Creek Trail Plan

It was reported “The public meeting was interesting. Mountain bikers were bashing the Trail Spinners instead of joining forces. The survey is important but individuals will be in conflict with each other, Essentially cancelling out each other. Since the message isn't consistent Delaware State Parks typically won't modify their decision. It's why it's so important to have a unified group with political strength. The community is going to lose if we stay divided.”
    Thanks, this is going to take some work to get through.

mtbr member
    Jun 2019
    Having read the plan, I'm excited to see the trails on the west side of the creek coming back into play, I have no idea what they look like having not ridden them since the 80's but that's a bunch of new miles available AND a new place to park! So naturally when will these changes come into play? What is the process and what progress has been made? Thanks for the insight!