Prettyboy Reservoir- Mtbr.com

Jun 2005

Prettyboy Reservoir

Anyone do any biking there? If so how is it? Legal?

Fixed and single.
    I used to live in the area and recall the trails(fireroad) being open to bikes except they all pretty much lead to the water. Hope that helps.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

i'm pretty sure it's all off-limits

but sure i've ridden some and never got hassled. make a left onto bunker hill road from york road. once you pass under the bridge you'll see a trail leading into the park on the left. it'll bring you out further up the road and then you are near the big parking lot which has a bunch of trails leading off it. it's OK riding and hard to piece together a nice varied ride (but it can be done), so loch raven reservoir is the clear winner. a buch of trails lead down to the river and that is too difficult to ride because of the logs and boulders. but for little jaunts and something different it may be worth it.

I am the owl
    Quote Originally Posted by -dude-
    but sure i've ridden some and never got hassled. make a left onto bunker hill road from york road. once you pass under the bridge you'll see a trail leading into the park on the left. it'll bring you out further up the road and then you are near the big parking lot which has a bunch of trails leading off it.
    The stuff off of Bunker Hill is Gunpowder Falls state park and is off limits to bikes - it's designated as state wildlands (kind of like the Fed. Wilderness designation). Rangers do ticket back there if you get caught. Pretty Boy itself is managed under the same guidelines as Loch Raven (both owned by Balto. City) - in general the legal stuff is fire road, all other stuff is officially off limits to bikes.
    SingleSpeedOutlaw .com
    Riding Bikes and Drinking Beer.

cannondale rider
    I Used To Jump Off The Bridge There. Thats Illegal

Members who have read this thread: 0