Possible move to King George, VA Info???- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Apr 2010

Possible move to King George, VA Info???

I may be moving to King George, VA or at least some place near there. I am satisfied living here in Phoenix, AZ, but the wife wants to take the kids back to her family in Stafford, VA.

I have xc, all mountain, free ride and down hill trails all around me. I can ride right out my front door or drive 10 minutes or up to 30-45 minutes and have more trails I would have time to ride in a year. Not to mention I have Sedona 1.5 hrs away and Flagstaff 2 hrs from my driveway.

I really like riding all mountain and even brake out my DH bike every few weeks. I am considering purchasing a new ride (Ibis Mojo HD 160) but, not gonna drop the money on a new bike if the riding won't be worth it.

Anyway, I just want opinions on what the riding is like out there and how near/far the trails are and how plentiful they are.

Off topic but, does anyone have information an electrical lineman jobs out there? I know there is Dominion Power, but I don't know anything about the company.

All info is appreciated.

mtbr member
    check out fambe.org that is the local riding group in Fredericksburg VA.
    Google Fountainhead Park in northern VA. Never been there but it is one of the better parks in that area.

Lots of rooty singletrack in the area. You'd need to go towards the mountains to get use out of a DH bike.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008

Kg

KG is nice but to get riding like you have now it will be 2 to 3 hour drive. For everyday riding there is a decent amount around us. We have a good 9 mile singletrack loop that is rooty, tight twisty steep short punchy stuff. You dont need a 160 travel for around here, 100 travel 29er seems to be a good fit. Head out west or to snowshoe for downhill.

Lots of trails including the other fambe stuff in fredricksburg, richmond, and NOVA are within a 30min to hour drive.

Best All Mountain riding in my opinon is between harrisonburg stanunton areas in GWNF.

If you need to know more about the area PM me.
    XC, Road, XXC, Endurance, Mtn, All-Mtn, Cross, Gravel, just go have fun on 2 wheels!

Members who have read this thread: 0