Poor Farm, Ashland Va- Mtbr.com

Nov 2005

Poor Farm, Ashland Va

who here knows much about this park? I am pretty new to the area. This is the closest place to me and so I have hit it up a couple times. I am starting to figure my way around. I noticed a spot where a well used (and recently used) trail (as you travel down the flats up top to the bottom area around the creek, along the western side) that crosses the creek and heads off. Two no trespassing signs are posted yet it has been used recently for sure. I am not saying I poached it I am just going to say there appears to be some nice ST over there... Who knows about this? WHo owns it? Assuming it is private why are people still hitting it up..
    Last edited by minor swing; 08-16-2007 at 06:06 AM.

Jan 2004
    Hey! I'm really familiar with the park and lead the Tuesday night rides out there. The area on the other side of the creek is and always has been private property that has some great ST on it but in the past 2 years it has been off limits as the current owner has the 10 acre lots for sale. Yes there still is some poaching going on but it is officially off limits to bikers. I used to ride it all the time but have stayed off of it to respect the property owners rights. There is still 10+ miles of singletrack at Poor Farm to keep me busy.

Nov 2005
    too bad... I was out there this Tues. I came rolling back in while you guys were gathering to head out. Man there is a boat load of you... Thanks for the info it really is a shame Maybe we could band together buy it, I build a small house in the middle of it and let everyone ride there.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Rode it yesterday for the first time in a REAALLYY long time. Love the fast flats, forgot about the hill climbs on the other side (whew!), long for that fast single that ran the power lines. All round, good stuff. Not too close for me. Usually hit the Buttermilk/Northbank loop. Quick ride on workdays.

Members who have read this thread: 0