Pipestem?- Mtbr.com

Thread: Pipestem?

mtbr member
    Jun 2005

Pipestem?

Hey all...

I'm heading to Pipestem Resort for a family get-together 10/14-10/16 and am wondering about MTB opportunities in the vicinity. It'd have to be nearby for me to be able to swing it. Any good singletrack to be had? Any info would be much appreciated. Thank you!

Alright, let's ride!
    There are trails right there at Pipestem so you are definately in luck. You will be able to walk out the front door and ride. The first race of the WVMBA season is even held there.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by lono
    Hey all...

I'm heading to Pipestem Resort for a family get-together 10/14-10/16 and am wondering about MTB opportunities in the vicinity. It'd have to be nearby for me to be able to swing it. Any good singletrack to be had? Any info would be much appreciated. Thank you!

Like Lowcel said, WVMBA holds races there every yr. Access is right outside the door there and alot of fun. I've raced there about 4 times and don't remember alot of technical sections, but I've never really explored there either. That first downhill fireroad is a blast during a race. Just check w/ the resort about taking your bike into the building. I had a run-in yrs ago at one race w/ an overzealous park ranger who was trying to confiscate my bike because I parked it in the lobby (w/ the counter ladies permission) when I went to change. I came back the ranger wanted to fine me and take my bike even when I told him and was backed up having permission to park it there. I was going to fight him over that one, but he must of decided it wasn't worth the time or something and gave me a little lecture that I don't remember and left.

mtbr member
    Jun 2005

Thanks...

...for the replies & info. Sounds good. Considering it will be a little dicey with the missus I'd like to only force the MTB issue on this trip if the riding was pretty sweet there; that is -- interesting/tech singletrack. Trying to gauge that from your responses but would love any add'l perspective or URLs with add'l info on it. Again, thanks a lot for taking the time to respond!

Members who have read this thread: 0