Panorama Closed for rest of year- Mtbr.com
    featherweight clydesdale

Panorama Closed for rest of year

One of the owners notified day-pass vendors this morning that Panorama will be closed for the remainder of the year. Annual pass holders have a refund coming in the mail. Future reopening is uncertain.

CAMBC has several options available that have been on the back burner, and CAMBC will begin a strong focus on public owned land located in the northern portion of Albemarle County. More details on additional land/plans will be available soon. Want to help? Start by joining.

http://www.cambc.org/join.php

Really want to help? Show up when we start building new trails.

Feb 2006
    Thanks for pointing me in the right direction to help. I'm very enthusiastic about helping to develope new trails and am going to join right now

*edit- I don't do paypal, so I'll mail it in unless I can run the money by the earleysville locale. I work at the Crutchfield Corporate office just down the street. Let me know which is best.

featherweight clydesdale
    Quote Originally Posted by mud'n'sweat
    Thanks for pointing me in the right direction to help. I'm very enthusiastic about helping to develope new trails and am going to join right now

*edit- I don't do paypal, so I'll mail it in unless I can run the money by the earleysville locale. I work at the Crutchfield Corporate office just down the street. Let me know which is best.

Just mail it. Join the "list serve" as well if you haven't already.

bob
    mtbr member
    Did Panorama give a reason for the closure?

veinte nueve pulgadas
    Does that mean no Paranormal this year?

featherweight clydesdale
    Quote Originally Posted by bob
    Did Panorama give a reason for the closure?
    The part owner and operator no longer had the time/desire to operate the business. He came to 6 to 8 dedicated long term annual pass members and asked them to come up with an operating/business plan that would keep the trails open. Multiple (very good) plans were presented over a 2 month period. The part owner took the best plan to the family board which owns the property, just to get the okay, not forseeing a problem. There were enough family votes against "outsiders" running a business/maintaining trails that idea/concept wasn't approved. They recommended closing the trails. Numberous modified plans where then submitted and also denied.

featherweight clydesdale
    Quote Originally Posted by nzumbi
    Does that mean no Paranormal this year?
    Panorama is still wants to have races. If you know a promoter who wants to do a week of trail work before a race, please let them know the venue is available. I don't know about the Paranormal. That race organizer will have to speak for himself.

Members who have read this thread: 0