November 19- Mtbr.com

Thread: November 19

mtbr member
    Jul 2004

November 19

Hello everybody. I just came back from a four month stint in Afghanistan and this was my first ride since. And before I left, I was kind of slacking in the riding department. So I would say it's been a solid seven to eight months since I've ridden. Well...I noticed some changes since then...

1. I turned 27.
    2. I've gotten stronger all over my body so the riding was a little bit easier.
    3. My balls got bigger as I decided NOT to squeeze the brakes this time coming up from the road onto the Soapstone Trail and there is that little brick remnant. You guys know the place, it's right before you have to cross back over the stream to head back up to Rolling Road. I finally did it!
    4. My shock doesn't hold air.

All in all, sore taint, maintenance to be done, froze my bigger nuts off, and had a FANTASTIC time! Definitely again this weekend!!

-Rob
    "No, you're going to be promoted to GLG-20."

Because I am !
    Glad to see you are again enjoying some time in the saddle. Hope the weather
    is good to you and you are able to get in lots more ridding.

ODN
    Caffeine ! "Do stupid things faster and with more energy" ! !

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    afghanland has plenty of mountains right?

shoulda taken your bike with ya. glad you are home safe though. who cares if its cold? riding season doesnt end!!

mtbr member

Thanks....

Thanks for your service to our country. It is much appreciated and it's good you are back all in one piece. You may not know, but a thru trail is being built linking that part of Patapsco to the areas further North, toward Ellicott City, Daniels, McKeldin. You should check it out. Thanks again.

http://www.more-mtb.org/

CrgCrkRyder
    Apr 2007
    Thanks for the service Rob. Welcome back!

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    It was my pleasure. As odd as it sounds, I'm trying to go back in March because I had such an awesome time. But not before I dominate the trails!!

-Rob
    "No, you're going to be promoted to GLG-20."

mtbr member
    ROB...Way to go Bro...glad your safe and sound at home and I'm grateful and humbled by your duty for us back here at home...I did my time 30 years ago, I understand the "oddity" of wanting to go back, but brother stay and ride...theres lots of trails to hit...and hey I got a new GTI just three months ago and absolutely love it....the group I ride with heads out from the elementary school at Rockburn every Tuesday at 4:30pm would be gald to have ya ride with us...it used to be a larger group but the cold has chased all but the hardest away...c-ya out there...

Ed

the unvarnished nonsense
    Thanks for your service, Rob. We are the "land of the free" only because we are also "the home of the brave". Glad you have returned safe and sound.
    "Sufficient to have stood, yet free to fall."
    -John Milton, Paradise Lost

Members who have read this thread: 0