North of Baltimore- Mtbr.com

Jul 2005

North of Baltimore

I might be moving about an hour north of Baltimore. Are there decent trails to ride around that area?

mtbr member
    Apr 2006

Up North...

there is always Lock Raven Reservoir. There is some good single track there.

And then you have Susquehanna State Park. Three miles north of Havre de Grace. I hear that's pretty good too.

If you come down just South of BMore (10 minutes past), you have Patapsco Valley State Park. Some great riding there. Has a little of something for everyone. I'm sure some other people will chime in with a few more, but Patapsco is is a VERY popular place. If you want to check it out when you get settled in, let me know. We have a good group of peeps that go out 4-5 times a week. We can show you the trails there.
    Last edited by RubberSideDown34; 08-06-2007 at 06:43 PM.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    An hour north of Baltimore is Fair Hill. A great place to ride.

Nov 2006

all great stops

I live in Cecil County, which is an hour north. All of these suggestions are my favorite haunts. Fair Hill is exceptionally well kept by a local riding group and has some great tracks for all skill levels from high difficulty to family type trails. Susquhenna (cant spell it, but i live 2 mi from it) also does have some great riding, but its a little bit tougher with some extremely steep hills in parts, and the majority of the trails are not really all that well kept. There is also a family trail there and overall the riding is a lot of fun. I really do like Fair Hill a lot, but I have to say Loch Raven is my favorite. The single track there is kept super clean and the difficulty is perfect, at least for my skill set! Its a great ride. They are all great rides, so hopefully you can get a chance to try each one and see what you. Each one of these parks can be a whole day of riding becasue of all the trails. As you explore just post here for directions and where to park and what not and well hook you up.

I also have hears so many great things about Patapsco but I havent been yet, I live to far up here!

Jul 2005

Thanks

Thanks guys...I will know in the next couple of weeks if I am moving. I am coming from Michigan where I have a good network of trails...I am glad there are some good chices there too (might make my decision a bit easier). I am all for some nice, hard, technical trails with good climbs.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    I live north of baltimore also and i was wondering if anyone knows the closest place for all mountain/DH riding

Nov 2006

DH/ all mountain

I know Deep Creek Lake has some DH trails but Ive never been on them. If you dont mind the drive you should definately spend a weekend at snowshoe mountain. Theres plenty of package deals and its not uber expensive. They have super sweet DH/all mt/Freeride trails throughout the park. You can easily spend a weekend doing nothing but riding and eating at the resort. I was just up there and took the family, plenty to do for them also. but its almost a seven hour hike. I def recommend it though for a summer closer if you can swing it.

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    Just over the Delaware border you will find the Middle Run/White Clay areas. There is about 40 miles worth of single track that is very well maitained with new trails opening all the time. White Clay has a nice skills trail if you enjoy that.

It's a bit Ironic; I'm considering a job in Ann Arbor Michigan and may be moving in the next few weeks. Enjoy the Trails!

Members who have read this thread: 0