Nice day at Brandywine/Woodlawn- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Nov 2008

Nice day at Brandywine/Woodlawn

I haven't ridden in a while, and it finally warmed up so I took the chance to go ride Woodlawn. I am so out of shape it isn't even funny haha, and I found out that riding in jeans is a BAD idea.

Everything was frozen.

So much scarier than it looks.

I did a log over, and didn't have enough clearance.

Some fun stuff

I heard you swear...
    crazy looking log there! looks like fun.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    it's so hard. i tried it like 10 times and could barely get close to doing it.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    get a 29er and you can roll right over that thing.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by breilly
    get a 29er and you can roll right over that thing.

agreed!!!

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    I wish! Just gotta grow about another 6 inches and I'll be big enough to ride one haha.

jk
    mtbr member
    I just went there yesterday for my first time and had a blast. For most of '08 I rode Bear Creek and S. Mtn. Emmaus on a fully rigid ss so it was nice to hit some smooth, flowy singletrack with even some loamy sections Its like the west side of Marsh Creek, but bigger! It was even an excuse to go [a little] out of my way to hit up Total Wine for a REAL selection of booze (compared to PA's lame laws and separate stores).

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    do u have an address to where the trail head is to woodlawn? looks fun

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    I don't have an address, but the trail head on 202 behind the hotel that is next to the food court with red lobster in it. If you are coming from PA, it is a little before the concord mall.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    I was there this past Saturday and the previous Sat. This sat was windy and the pervious was COLD like 15 or something. The trails were hard and fast. B-wine is one of the most complete trails I've been on it has a little bit of everything. If I could hit it up more often I would.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    The only thing I don't like about it is how the trails are laid out, it seems like it's just a jumble of random trails intersecting every 20 feet which gets kind of annoying when you keep ending up where you started 5 minutes into the ride. I guess I just need to find a better loop to do.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by jakekenney
    I don't have an address, but the trail head on 202 behind the hotel that is next to the food court with red lobster in it. If you are coming from PA, it is a little before the concord mall.
    dont want to quibble but its the light AFTER the mall

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    That's what I meant haha.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    If you start by the river get to know the trail bike from one end to the other. Then you can start taking some different trails.Always remember where the river is because that is your way back. You can't get lost down there because you bike between the Brandywine and RT202 you can almost see all of Rt202 on the top trail and the main dirt road goes along the Brandywine. I almost take a different loop everytime I go down there. I could do a 4-5hr loop down there without crossing my path

May 2006
    Sorry to resurrect an old post, but I was thinking of going for a ride at brandywine/woodlawn tomorrow after I get up. It will be my second time on the bike this year and I am a Clydesdale so i will not be setting any speed records. I have a loop that takes me from the end of the road that cuts between kohls and the restaurants to north of namanns road. It is probably a 6 or so mile loop of nice single track and some mild climbs.

Members who have read this thread: 0