New Quarter Park: Where's the Goods?- Mtbr.com
    drev-il, not Dr. Evil!

New Quarter Park: Where's the Goods?

I hit New Quarter Park this weekend and did the big main loop, but I was looking for the TTFs as shown in the photos at MTBProject.com:
    https://www.mtbproject.com/trail/341...=new%20quarter

Wife and I were bummed when we couldn't find it.

I just looked at RideWithGPS and found loops I wasn't aware of yesterday. Which of the other loops are they on?

New Quarter Park: Where's the Goods?-newquarter2.jpg

Thanks!
    "Keep your burgers lean and your tires fat." -h.d. | ssoft | flickr

mtbr member
    It's been a few years since I've been but I remember the skills area being clearly visible from the parking lot. The mtbproject link you posted says it plainly: the "i" right near the trailhead "Raised trail features on your right"

It's got me wondering if the features have been removed; I don't see how you could have missed them.

drev-il, not Dr. Evil!
    Quote Originally Posted by Joules View Post
    It's been a few years since I've been but I remember the skills area being clearly visible from the parking lot. The mtbproject link you posted says it plainly: the "i" right near the trailhead "Raised trail features on your right"

It's got me wondering if the features have been removed; I don't see how you could have missed them.
    Haha, it totally could've been there. Wife and I saw the trailhead and zoomed toward it, assuming the goods were on that main loop. By the end of the loop and not seeing any of it, I was just in a hurry to get over to Freedom Park to play on some TTFs, so we didn't spend any more time exploring.

As for TTFs missing, I noticed that the half-moon was no longer at the beginning of Loop C at Freedom Park. Is there a story to its disappearance, like too many people got hurt or it was deemed too unsafe?

2013 Bike 180: Day 161 by ricky d, on Flickr

mtbr member
    If that half-circle thing was too unsafe, I despair for the fun stuff on that trail. I've always wondered how 'the big easy' could have been built on public land - no way in hell that would ever happen in MD.

mtbr member
    To answer your original question, all but one of the TTF sections at NQ by the parking lot were removed maybe 9 months ago or so. We balked and argued over it, but they had gotten covered with slick willy algae and were borderline deadly if damp at all. In addition, most of the crowd that rides there was not riding them so they just sat, unmaintained. Eventually they were pulled. It sucked. As you know, its a great little loop, but if you want TTF's, you need to be at Freedom C Trail. If you want anything more technical, you need to head to Richmond. Yell back if you have any specific questions.
    Santa Cruz HT2

drev-il, not Dr. Evil!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuch View Post
    To answer your original question, all but one of the TTF sections at NQ by the parking lot were removed maybe 9 months ago or so. We balked and argued over it, but they had gotten covered with slick willy algae and were borderline deadly if damp at all. In addition, most of the crowd that rides there was not riding them so they just sat, unmaintained. Eventually they were pulled. It sucked. As you know, its a great little loop, but if you want TTF's, you need to be at Freedom C Trail. If you want anything more technical, you need to head to Richmond. Yell back if you have any specific questions.
    Thanks for the info. That sucks that they took the stuff out. After starting this thread, I ran into the video below, but I guess it's mostly gone now:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FH2fIyaNuKg