New Quarter in the 'burg- Mtbr.com
    When did you get here?!?!

New Quarter in the 'burg

Hey guys, I'm up from the highlands visiting the fam and had the chance to try out New Quarter Park. Whoever built those trails, kudos! Very very cool. I grew up in Williamsburg and cut my teeth at Waller Mill. It's a bummer that the dogwood(?) trail is still closed but I definately got my fix by hitting New Quarter. Awesome. 6 miles of trails obviously built by mountain bikers for mountain bikers. Nice woods, out of the way, lots of bail outs, tech sections, fast flowing sections, wow. Y'all did a great job. Oh! and the ladders are sweet. I got them dialed in, both directions, but that took a few tries and one jump off. Thanks guys.
    Eric W. from Williamsburg, now in Asheville.
    You can please some people sometimes but you can't please all the people all the time.
    ERIC'S RIDE LOG

May 2005
    Totally agree. I'm at school here now and only discovered New Quarter during winter last year (I lived one whole mile away at that time). I had been loading up the bike and driving to York River or into Richmond until that point.

The elevated trails must be brand new as of ? I hit NQ a week ago as a result of waiting for new sneakers for the roadie. That trail amazes me every time I ride her and the woodwork is short but much appreciated.

If still here over the break, PM me--probably riding more this week.

mtbr member
    Dec 2004

New Quarter Trails

Hey,

The New Quarter Park trails were put in by the EVMA, check our website www.evma.org. The raised stuff was put in the first couple of weekends of November. Overall they have been a hit, and we plan to expand it at some point. The club's winter goals are to expand Freedom park's trail network to be nearly double in length.

Me and another officer from my command will be riding this weekend, PM me if you want to ride.

Justin

Jan 2006
    I went to NQ park about 3 weeks ago and seen a sign that said that the park was closed until spring Does anyone know when it will open back up? I have heard nothing but good things about the park and cant wait to try out the trails.

Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by 05xsl
    I went to NQ park about 3 weeks ago and seen a sign that said that the park was closed until spring Does anyone know when it will open back up? I have heard nothing but good things about the park and cant wait to try out the trails.
    Park closed, trails open. Park at the entrance, ride down to the parking lot about .5 mile and you'll come to the trailhead and the elevated trail.

mtbr member
    The only way Freedom Park could be better is with more trails! Holy Sh!t! Thanks for all the great work EVMA!

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by 96LavaDomeSS
    Park closed, trails open. Park at the entrance, ride down to the parking lot about .5 mile and you'll come to the trailhead and the elevated trail.
    I guess that means you won't get in trouble with the local sheriff for bringing a trail dog and letting it run the trail with you sans leash

For those of you that don't know, one of the park attendants has a thing for dogs not on leashes....

Members who have read this thread: 0