New to Alexandria, VA - Freeride?- Mtbr.com
    Del

Feb 2004

New to Alexandria, VA - Freeride?

I moved to Alexandria from Atlanta last Thursday and the warm weather has made me want to ride. I picked up the Falcon Guide to the area trails but those mainly focus on XC stuff. I ride a P3 so it's a little heavy for endurance rides.

Are there any decent areas for some freeride fun in the area? I would happily take urban or offroad. I'm not really too familiar with the area yet so any detailed information on locations would be helpful. I like drops, urban stuff, and before our move I was learning how to hit dirt jumps better. I'd love to find some more dirt jumps, preferably in the intermediate skill range.

And if anyone wants to ride please let me know. I'm 29 years old and I find it gets tougher to meet new people in the twilight years Other than biking I'm also into music and most recently I've been listening to a lot of rock (Can, The Misfits, Stooges) and jazz (Mingus, Dizzy). But I also like a lot of everything in between. I'm also a World of Warcraft junkie.

Thanks!

Too Kool for Skool
    Quote Originally Posted by Del

And if anyone wants to ride please let me know. I'm 29 years old and I find it gets tougher to meet new people in the twilight years Other than biking I'm also into music and most recently I've been listening to a lot of rock (Can, The Misfits, Stooges) and jazz (Mingus, Dizzy). But I also like a lot of everything in between. I'm also a World of Warcraft junkie.

Thanks!
    ..... And i enjoy long walks on the beech and a romantic....lol jk

Check out baltimore md for urban stuff. if u want dj's there are the 495 jumps and the capitol crecent jumps. other than that there is rocky stuff at gambrill and the shed
    Quote Originally Posted by coma13
    it's short but it's pretty.... just like a guatemalan hooker...

Del

Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by theg1ant
    ..... And i enjoy long walks on the beech and a romantic....lol jk

Check out baltimore md for urban stuff. if u want dj's there are the 495 jumps and the capitol crecent jumps. other than that there is rocky stuff at gambrill and the shed
    I know - I felt weird putting that stuff in there but I know if I was to meet someone to bike with I'd want to know a little about who it was.

So Baltimore is better than DC for urban? My fiance has her car here so maybe I'll throw my bike in there and head there soon. She drives a little red convertible so dudes always try and check out who's driving, hoping to see a good looking girl. Then they see my ugly mug and look disappointed.

I'll have to try to hunt down some people who know where the 495 jumps are. The pictures I've seen of them look very nice, if not a little intimidating. That's the first I've heard of the capitol crescent jumps. Maybe once this damned wind dies down I'll get out and explore a little.

Thanks for the suggestions.

mtbr member
    Most people who do that type of riding in the DC area hang out on these boards:

http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33
    http://www.dcstreet.com/forums/

What It Be ?
    There used to be some jumps at wakefield on the powerline trail someone leved them. Thats where I cut my teeth on mountain biking. Moved south to Mississippi. Doing a race this weekend.

Members who have read this thread: 0