In need a riding guide indeed! for Walnut Creek this Wednsday- Mtbr.com
    Turbodude750

In need a riding guide indeed! for Walnut Creek this Wednsday

I have been to Walnut Creek 10yrs ago, its a fun place, they had just had a race there and the race course was marked. I am headed back out there this Wednsday at 10A.M. I am from Northern NJ and the trails near me are Ringwood, Jungle Habitat, Waywayonda, Sterling Forrest and Mountain Creek ski resort/ downhill park where they had the 2017 US open down hill this year and the supper D a few years back. I am always driving to new places to ride. Last month went to the big Dirtrag festival in Raystown Lake PA at the Aligripas trail system 260 miles away. The trails there were packed, rolling, smooth, almost pavement like, extreamly fast single track with jumps and woop de doos it felt like I was going downhill all day I did 30 miles there crazy funn place. Next month I heading out to Kingdom trails in VT 360 miles away I got a room for 25bucks a night in a barn with shower.

I am looking to ride with someone who knows the trails at Walnut Creek on Wednsday 7-19-17 I am flexable with the time would like to ride betreen 9 and 11 AM I would like to ride for about 4-6 hrs with a swim after the rip if you can make it please text me at 845-728-4316 Howie

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    I can't make the ride but here is a good map.

https://www.albemarle.org/upload/ima...O_PageSize.pdf

I've been there a handful of times. We usually warm up on the Blue Wheel section above the dam. Then cruise up the orange trail to bike factory trail.

Taking the red trail in either direction offers both fun and challenges. If time allows, explore the inner trails. Some sweet little nuggets in there too.

I rode up in your area a couple years ago on the way up to Windham for the World Cup DH. Awesome trails. Lots of rock! There are some rocky sections at Walnut but you will be fine based on your home turf.

Enjoy!

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Since this is a week old I'm guessing you were already there. I mapped out Walnut Creek on MTB Project. Using the inner trails can be a little hard to navigate. The MTB project app on a smart phone makes it a lot easier until you learn the trails.

We still have the Chimney Chase race every year but I'm pretty sure the course changed from a few years ago. The short version: start at beach parking and ride past the playground into Jungle trail. From there just ride the outside of the park in a clockwise direction including Blue Wheel. Its a 9 mile loop with some great downhills.

I have to admit, if you're driving all the way down here to ride its better to go around Harrisonburg. You'll have everything from Massanutten's Western Slopes and downhill park to back country adventure at your finger tips.

Turbodude750
    Awesome thanks I did go already and met someone there who show me the loop and I got to go for a swim afterwards on that crazy hundred degree day it was nice to be able to get cleaned up soon as I was done pedaling since I had to drive 75 miles to get back to where I was staying next time I have to map it out better and go more places to ride like Snowshoe or Shenandoah when I came back on the way home I stopped at Raystown Lake Pennsylvania and went to allegrippis Trails they were sweet fastest single track I've ever been on my second time there also thanks a lot for the info catch you next time