mw windows race in va- Mtbr.com

Dec 2006

mw windows race in va

I was wondering if anyone knew where this race(MW windows ) was held. I know it is in the virginia derailleur series. I wanted to check it out, but couldn't figure out where it was located. Is it worth a couple hours drive? thanks

CrgCrkRyder
    Apr 2007
    Wade Recreation Area in Rocky Mount, VA. I think its on Rt 40 west going towards Ferrum (but still in Rocky Mount).

I like Monkeys
    Wade Park, Take 40 west out of Rocky Mount, turn right at the 40 west mini market, go a couple of miles, it will be on your left at the top of a hill. I've done the race a couple of times, it's a nice course with a couple of creek crossings that can be deep depending on the rain. Moderately technical in spots, a nice course. The Derailer series is a great race series. It's a good trail but fairly short, if you are scouting the course then it is worth the drive.
    What do I want to be when I grow up.....Dead!

Dec 2006

thanks

Thank you so much for the reply. That is a big help. I would like to check out a couple of the upcoming race trails to see which might be best for my first race. I will check it out this weekend.

I like Monkeys
    The series is a great place to begin racing. I'd suggest that you do all of the races. They are fun courses and are great for all levels of riders. I haven't done it in a couple of years but I had a great time when I raced them. I'm not much in favor of the hillclimb in Roanoke though, to me that isn't a mountain bike race. Send me a PM if you are coming to Lynchburg and maybe I can show you around the Peaksview course.
    What do I want to be when I grow up.....Dead!

Members who have read this thread: 0