MTBR - the meeting place ! 2008 flashbacks (Pic Heavy)- Mtbr.com
    Because I am !

MTBR - the meeting place ! 2008 flashbacks (Pic Heavy)

So many people I need to say thanks to here on MTBR for making our 2008 riding season one of the greatest ever. MTBR has allowed my son (Malibu) and I the opportunity to meet and become friends with some awesome folks. I can only hope that our opportunities for 2009 will be as great. Our thanks go out, in no special order, to the following forum junkies who shared the trails with us in 2008; davis, Hecklerboy, Capt_phun, Chili, CraigCreekRider, Tic Tac, WVKayacker, Hangumhigh, spooge, Tass, whitt022000, PT4joints, and a special thanks to Oldnoob for sharing with us those hidden trails around Davis WV we now love so much and for showing us one of the most awesome places in the state ( North Dolly Sods ). You all ROCK ! Let's crank some more miles in 2009 !

Some pics to share our year with old and new friends.

These were just a few of many adventures. Getting ready for 2009 !

ODN
    Last edited by outdoornut; 01-08-2009 at 09:41 PM.
    Caffeine ! "Do stupid things faster and with more energy" ! !

www.justthebonnet.com
    Nice! I've been planning out 2009. Three "goals" are at least two trips to Slatyfork, and 3 trips to Davis. Start getting those calendars ready!!
    Capt_Phun's Riding Blog:
    http://captphun.blogspot.com/

I better go get my headlamp while I'm sober....ish

the unvarnished nonsense
    Thanks for the mammeries!

(Hey whit: You coming to Snowshoe this weekend? There was all kinds of powder yesterday!)

Edit: Just looked at Snowshoe's site and see there's a Subie demo this weekend....guess you'll be in the village showing your car off to young college girls, eh?
    Last edited by davis; 01-09-2009 at 06:04 AM.
    "Sufficient to have stood, yet free to fall."
    -John Milton, Paradise Lost

Not sure what to type?
    Ahhh those pics bring back great memories (and some not so great ).
    Can't wait to ride this year. All this snow and rain is driving my nuts.
    We need to start setting dates for the gatherings so everyone can put in for vacation.

How could you forget the best pic ever taken at a gathering

The Juice Was Worth The Squeeze!!!

mtbr member
    Awesome post ODN!

spooge is gone!
    Good times last year. Hope for more this summer but have a little one due late spring
    so all my plans will be last minute. Thanks guys for welcoming me in last year on your rides.
    "Can see forever, but I can't see anything"

Nostralpicas
    I'd like to thank everone also good times good times looking foward to 2009.THanks for the posts also ODN good fuel to get through the winter.
    All work and no play makes "and all no work play"

CrgCrkRyder
    Apr 2007

Wood is Good

Great pics as always ODN. Have to agree with Hecklerboy - that campfire weiner cooking photo is classic. The "Wood is Good" shirt just ah adds more ah wood to the fire. Too funny.

spooge is gone!
    As long as your wood is "A$$ Bore" free.
    "Can see forever, but I can't see anything"

song of the saw-whet owl
    Quote Originally Posted by outdoornut
    So many people I need to say thanks to here on MTBR for making our 2008 riding season one of the greatest ever. MTBR has allowed my son (Malibu) and I the opportunity to meet and become friends with some awesome folks. I can only hope that our opportunities for 2009 will be as great.
    Ditto on everything you said! Your overwhelming enthusiasm for mtbing is awesome to say the least! (we need to get cableguy46 out there this year, cause his is equal!) Here is a little vid of your boy malibu/snotty/peeler in dollysods (amazing how he picks up new nicknames from different ride crews isnt it?!)

<object width="400" height="300"><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><param name="movie" value="https://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=2416024&amp;server=vimeo.com &amp;show_title=1&amp;show_byline=1&amp;show_portr ait=0&amp;color=&amp;fullscreen=1" /><embed src="https://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=2416024&amp;server=vimeo.com &amp;show_title=1&amp;show_byline=1&amp;show_portr ait=0&amp;color=&amp;fullscreen=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="400" height="300"></embed></object><br /><a href="https://vimeo.com/2416024">playing on rocks in dolly sods</a> from <a href="https://vimeo.com/user390127">WVski</a> on <a href="https://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.

We will most likely be losing the north sods, but more special stashes are on tap for '09 i assure you! A few teases of said stashes:

Last edited by oldnoob; 01-12-2009 at 07:09 PM.
    just another piece of chaga

mtbr member
    Thanks for the thread ODN. Really brought some smiles this morning, or maybe it was the righteous fart? Oldnoob, where are these teaser pics from?
    Can you hook that up to your car?.......

mtbr member
    A little Bela Fleck to go with the Snotty video was sweet!

Members who have read this thread: 0