MTB Demo Cacapon State Park Sunday April 19th- Mtbr.com
    My bike is cooler then me

Good job! MTB Demo Cacapon State Park Sunday April 19th

Hi all,

I’m doing some pro bono promotional work for my favorite shop here in my hometown of Winchester Va. I hope they don’t get too mad…

Black Bar Bicycles is hosting a Mountain Bike Demo at Cacapon State Park, in Berkley Springs West Virginia, Sunday April 19th. This is an opportunity to test ride some selected Rocky Mountain and Jamis frames on the wonderful single tracks of Cacapon SP.

Never been to Cacapon? Well take advantage of community atmosphere to get your feet wet on arguably some of the best riding in the WV pan handle.

You don’t care for the Companies Demo’ed? So what! come on out and have a chat with us about why your bike is better, we don’t mind as long as you are there to ride.

Tell your friends, tell you enemies, heck tell anyone you see on the local trails.

Happy cranking

Useful links:
    Host Shop, ‘Black Bar’ Bicycles
    http://www.blackbarbicycles.com/

Bike Demo Blog
    http://www.blackbarbicycles.com/life...pon-state-park

Cacapon State Park WV
    http://www.cacaponresort.com/

BIKES REPS
    Rocky Mountain Bicycles
    http://www.bikes.com/main+en+00_100+home.html?zone=2

Jamis Bicycles
    http://www.jamisbikes.com/usa/thebikes/index.html

Feed back VERY welcome

*Updates to follow*
    Last edited by Codad 4; 02-13-2009 at 12:54 AM.
    '09 Cannondale Moto Carbon 2

'is that a Thomson in your pocket, or are you just happy to see me?'

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Thanks for the plug!

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Lots of trees down from the wind last week...hope they get cleared up...

PS... if anyone finds a WV women's license and a key shoot me a PM

Quote Originally Posted by patriot22
    Lots of trees down from the wind last week...hope they get cleared up...

PS... if anyone finds a WV women's license and a key shoot me a PM

yeah the state boys are super good with trail clean up.

and did you lose it in Cacapon? what loop where you on, i can put the APB out for it. I'll be up that way this weekend at very least

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    I'm sure we'll be out there a few times before the demo to make sure the trails are clear. All the details are coming together. We're probably have food and a keg of Sam Adams. We're also doing a raffle...

HAHA welcome to the forums BB cycles. I can now go back to my usual trolling

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    You're an asset to the shop sir, thank you.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Hey Codad! I just had some brochures printed up. Think you could spread some around for me?

CPR this thread... BREAT DAMN IT!!! BREATH!

Just a reminder its coming up, hope you all can make it out there!

Fort Valley = Gnarl Fest
    Quote Originally Posted by Codad 4
    CPR this thread... BREAT DAMN IT!!! BREATH!

Just a reminder its coming up, hope you all can make it out there!
    In my profional opion I methinks it has sufferd death by hard ground....

Fort Valley = Gnarl Fest
    Um are we going to do multiple short loops? If so I'll bring 2 bikes out. And is JoeT and company comming?

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll_Jockey
    In my profional opion I methinks it has sufferd death by hard ground....

... its a classic case of guy on the ground... what a shame.

i imagine everyone in Jamie's crew who can will... at very least for the beer.

we might have to take Caleb, if Brent comes I can drive Caleb other then that you should have room for two bikes, so just bring it with

mtbr member
    Feb 2009

10 days til the Demo!

A week and a half and counting. Feedback has been good and we're expecting a great turn out! There WILL be food and a certain mechanic will be bringing a keg (hey aren't you guys supposed to bring ME beer). Weather is a little iffy, but we're not a bunch of roadies so we'll be fine. Just so you know they'll be door prizes for those who take a ride. Any questions? Call us at 540 535 0188. If you don't have plans GREAT! If you do change em. How many times do you get a chance to ride the good stuff with out buying it first?

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Bicyclewrench
    A week and a half and counting. Feedback has been good and we're expecting a great turn out! There WILL be food and a certain mechanic will be bringing a keg (hey aren't you guys supposed to bring ME beer). Weather is a little iffy, but we're not a bunch of roadies so we'll be fine. Just so you know they'll be door prizes for those who take a ride. Any questions? Call us at 540 535 0188. If you don't have plans GREAT! If you do change em. How many times do you get a chance to ride the good stuff with out buying it first?
    Hey J, it's BB's friend Randy. I have lurked this site for years but never registered until I found this thread. You never told me there would be beer there! I'm fat, our of shape, haven't ridden in months, but plan on being there. Also, that's funny, when the weather is bad, I ride my road bike! But it's a beater, not a Parlee or anything like that. Hope to see you guys! Best bike shop for sure! and I'm an old mech myself. Peace and see you there.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    We did a preliminary scout yesterday. Everything is looking good in the trails.We have plans for a bunch of 30 minute short loops with Fearless Frank volunteering as ride leader. I'm hoping to get the Reps out for an extended loop after the Demo.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Randot
    Hey J, it's BB's friend Randy. I have lurked this site for years but never registered until I found this thread. You never told me there would be beer there! I'm fat, our of shape, haven't ridden in months, but plan on being there. Also, that's funny, when the weather is bad, I ride my road bike! But it's a beater, not a Parlee or anything like that. Hope to see you guys! Best bike shop for sure! and I'm an old mech myself. Peace and see you there.
    Hey Randy! Still shopping? They'll be special pricing at the demo!

Fort Valley = Gnarl Fest
    Quote Originally Posted by Bicyclewrench
    We did a preliminary scout yesterday. Everything is looking good in the trails.We have plans for a bunch of 30 minute short loops with Fearless Frank volunteering as ride leader. I'm hoping to get the Reps out for an extended loop after the Demo.
    I'll ride anything out there so if you need a leader, or a follower.
    "It sucks because that's what Boxxers of that generation were good at." -- XSL_WiLL

good sig JJ hahaha

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Hey, you missed a hell of a meal at Frank's place! But thanks for the great ride yesterday!

Fort Valley = Gnarl Fest
    It was a good ride. Perhaps we should all party down sat before this jobber y'all are doing with this 16' Teeter-totter
    "It sucks because that's what Boxxers of that generation were good at." -- XSL_WiLL

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    I'm all for it!

sapling lover
    Jul 2008

Question re. Cacapon

What are the trails at Cacapon like? Unfortunately we're working this weekend so can't come out, but we're close enough to take a trip out there one of these days. We enjoy Greenbriar but find Vance's Cove (singletrack portion) and Gambrill to be too technical. By far my favorite trails are Schaffer and Fountainhead, and we ride 3rd Battlefield regularly and find that easy. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks!

Fort Valley = Gnarl Fest
    Quote Originally Posted by woowoowoowoo
    What are the trails at Cacapon like? Unfortunately we're working this weekend so can't come out, but we're close enough to take a trip out there one of these days. We enjoy Greenbriar but find Vance's Cove (singletrack portion) and Gambrill to be too technical. By far my favorite trails are Schaffer and Fountainhead, and we ride 3rd Battlefield regularly and find that easy. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks!

Cacapon is somewhere between Gambrill and 3rd Battlefield. It has more elevation change than both but is less techical than Gambrill but a good bit more technical than 3rd Battle.

Some sections are very techincal but on the whole it is a good mix, some areas have a very big push up through some gnaff.

There park office has maps and we'd be happy to show you around sometime also.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Cacapon is MY personal favorite. (That and Big Bear WV) There's a little for everyone. It's more technical than Greenbriar.

Hey Adam! I've got stuff for you!

Tap Dancing Baby Jesus
    What time is this shin dig supposed to start??? I'm gunna try and talk some friends in to coming on out there. It's like a hour or so away but this sounds like it'll be killer.
    Holy Tap Dancing Baby Jesus Christ....the sky is blue,

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    It runs from 9 til 3. It WILL be a blast!

Tap Dancing Baby Jesus
    Shwerd I'm hoping I make it out with some peoples.
    Holy Tap Dancing Baby Jesus Christ....the sky is blue,

Fort Valley = Gnarl Fest
    I'd just like to thank Wrench for putting on a great event. I had an blast and that tree Codad felt up had a good time too even though he'll never call her again.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009

Cool-blue Rhythm

Thank YOU guys for coming out, and you in particular Adam for leading rides when Frank finally realized he was a mere mortal after all,Hilty who blood sacrificed himself to the trail gods to keep the rain at bay, Frank for leading ride after ride with cracked ribs as well as building our mini North Shore stunts, and finally Nora the Rocky Rep and Rob the Jamis rep who brought all the toys.We had about 25 riders go out and EVERYONE had a blast.

For those of you who caught my serenade I do weddings barmitzfahs and my personal favorite bachlorette parties.

The Black Bar Bicycles Demo Day will be a yearly event for those of you are sorry to have missed it. I'll have pictures posted of the event later in the week on our blog at http://www.blackbarbicycles.com/lifestream/

Thanks Guys

mtbr member
    Dang...I was in the area Sunday and missed this. Haven't been on the forum in months...Sounds like a nice event.

Members who have read this thread: 0