Mountwood Park - Photo Tour- Mtbr.com
    Because I am !

Mountwood Park - Photo Tour

When I first got back into biking (never mountain biked) I learned how to ride singletrack
    and fell in love with it right here at Mountwood Park located about 15 miles east of
    Parkersburg, WV. What a great place to have within 15 minutes of my home and yet
    I drive thoughout WV and OH reporting on all the great trails out there to enjoy while
    all the while forgetting what a gem I have so close. I ride at Mountwood at least 2
    times a week, (when I'm not off riding some other part of the state) and sometimes
    more. There are so many different ways to ride the trails that you can change up to
    make it different.

Just a random shot along the trail.

Just last week Scott24 and I were riding there and decided to ride one of the old
    trails that hasn't been used for a few years. Wow, why did we quit riding this one?
    Wednesday evenings, begining in the Marina Paking lot, at 6pm the River Valley
    Mountain Bike Association joins with anyone interested for a leisurly group ride.
    Yesterday evening 13 of us made our way around some of the trails and then
    that old trail gets mentioned and everyone jumps on board. What another great
    change up. Looks like that one will get reopened along with a couple others we
    discussed after the ride which will add even more miles to the already 25 to 30 miles
    of well used trails.

Pic from 2001 with my daughter and son on Trip to the Moon trail.

I guess not having my camera with me yesterday evening with a good group of
    people made me feel I missed out capturing the moment. I really love this place
    and seem to have taken it for granted.

Scott24 crossing a narrow bridge on Cooperhead.

Yes, there are lots of climbs. The only way to start your ride at Mountwood is UP !
    However there are some sweet fast spots, a few minor techincal spots, several
    obsticles, some good downhills and a few beautiful spots throughout the park. Plenty
    to challenge any rider and yet a great place to learn. My children cut there teeth
    on the singletrack a Mountwood so I would definately recommend it for beginners.
    The climbs will likely be their biggest challenge. Stop by and give it a spin sometime
    but for now enjoy just a small photo tour of what I seem to be keeping secret.

Lots of climbs

Exploring old trails to reopen.

Sweet spot on Dark Side of the Moon.

Cool log crossing on Hunters Roost.

Savanna to the Moon. (watch those switchbacks)

Sweet Singletrack everywhere.

Good assortment of obsticles.

Bridge on Haystack Trail.

And I wonder why they call it Haystack Trail ?

Ride just a few of the trails or loop them all together for an Epic. It's up to the rider
    with bail options everywhere. It's worth the trip !

ODN
    Last edited by outdoornut; 08-02-2007 at 09:22 PM.
    Caffeine ! "Do stupid things faster and with more energy" ! !

Born to push....
    The only time i ever rode moutwood it kicked my a$$, but ya'll have a nice trail down there, jus hope ya like to climb.

The club i ride with (Spokejunkies) make a trip there a coupkle times a year and all seem to love it.

Maybe i'll have to give moutwood another whirl sometime in the future.

Members who have read this thread: 0