Mountwood open again!- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

... and if we just ... Mountwood open again!

As of jan, 1st Mountwood park in West Virginia is open to bikers agian. It was closed for a two month period to allow hunters in the area to use the park for a 15$ fee. The trails are a muddy mess so remember to tread lightly!

Also on a side note: The park was open on sundays to bikers and hikers but only open to hunters during the day the rest of the week. On one Sunday I went for a solo ride around a trail known as "gary's grind" . It's a fun trail with a good dh finish. I had just crested the top of the last climb and was greated buy a nice gut pile from a hunters kill in the middle of the trail!! I'm not against hunting buy any means but that was just gross. On the rest of my journey down the hill I ended up hoping over two more gut piles. It'd have been very simple to move two feet off the trail to do the cleaning of the deer but I guess that made too much sence.

Now next year I hope mountwood has second thoughts about closing the park to the people that built those great trails in the 1st place, The Bikers~!

Because I am !
    Quote Originally Posted by terrible
    As of jan, 1st Mountwood park in West Virginia is open to bikers agian.
    Whoops ! I must have misunderstood the signs like about 6 other bikers and three other
    hikers. We hit the trails on the 31st as noted in my post "Last Ride" . Glad they
    were'nt being very picky that day. I did notice none of the gates were open like they had
    been.

Wow, I must have been lucky not to run into those gut piles last month. That is
    rediculous, I'm an avid hunter and wouldn't leave a gut pile even in an old logging skid in
    some public hunting area. I didn't participate at Mountwood but guess I understand the
    need to clean a few of them out. The number was staggering. I'll mention the gut piles
    in case they have to do the hunt again next year. By the sound of things at the meeting
    I don't think they will. Just have to see what the numbers look like.

I see you are from Vienna. I likely have met you out there since I'm from here in P-burg
    and a member of the RVMBA (thanks for the thumbs up). Hope you have a great time
    on the trails this year.

ODN
    Caffeine ! "Do stupid things faster and with more energy" ! !

mtbr member
    Yeah I'm working for Ben now. I've seen you out at the trails but the last time I saw you at the shop was when Dave still owned it. If you havn't been in for a while stop buy, Ben is doing a great job with the shop!

Because I am !
    Quote Originally Posted by terrible
    Yeah I'm working for Ben now. I've seen you out at the trails but the last time I saw you at the shop was when Dave still owned it. If you havn't been in for a while stop buy, Ben is doing a great job with the shop!
    Nice, I'll have to stop in during the day some time and say howdy. I've been in the shop
    several times since they bought it, most times for the RVMBA meetings, but we always
    get a look around before and after the meeting. I'm sure we'll see you around.

ODN

Because I am !
    (Sorry, just deleting double post. Not sure why that happened.)

Also note the trails are in great shape after a few weeks of work by members of
    the River Valley Mountain Bike Association. As well as the new signs that the
    Scouts made and installed back in November with the help of several members
    of the RVMBA look great. I got out for a COLD ride today and thought I would
    throw in at least one pick from today and one from my New Years Eve ride to
    show off just a couple of the many signs they made. Hats off to the Scouts and
    those members of RVMBA who helped with the install and all the trail work in the
    last few weeks.

ODN
    Last edited by outdoornut; 01-19-2008 at 06:06 PM.

Because I am !
    Fixed my double post from earlier (check out the new signs in earlier post) and thought I would throw in a couple pics of the trails from today.

ODN

mtbr member
    yes the trail maintanence made a huge difference last weekend. I rode on sunday on trails that where coverd the week before with trees and limbs. Thanks to the club for the quick clean up!

Members who have read this thread: 0