Mountain Biking Aberdeen Maryland/Souther Penn???- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Aug 2005

Mountain Biking Aberdeen Maryland/Souther Penn???

Hi,
    I made a post a while back about biking in a few different areas to include Aberdeen (places where I was likely to get relocated to). Well I found out today that I will be going to Aberdeen.

I got some good info on the last post and was wondering if anyone else out there had some info on good spots to ride in that area.

thanks!

Matt

a.k.a. MTBMaven
    Wow you get around. Sorry don't even know where Aberdeen is located. It better be nice because Montery will be a hard place to leave.

http://www.backpacking.net/forums/sh...=&Number=92859
    I thought of that while riding my bicycle. ~ Albert Einstein on the theory of relativity

mtbr member
    Aug 2005

I have been luck

Quote Originally Posted by mtnfiend
    Wow you get around. Sorry don't even know where Aberdeen is located. It better be nice because Montery will be a hard place to leave.

http://www.backpacking.net/forums/sh...=&Number=92859

I have been lucky enough to live in several different parts of the the country, and yes Monterey will be hard to leave. One of the nice things about living in different areas is getting to experience the great riding, backpacking, and paddling that this country has to offer.

I guess you have nailed down some of the forums I like to visit! Funny. I figure the first thing you need to do when moving to a new area is research the places to play.......and then at some point start looking for a place to live.

take care

Matt

Am I getting too bulky?
    In addition to what I said in my reply in your previous topic, what I said in this topic applies to you're location as well.
    I gotta roll, can't stand still, got a flame in my heart, can't get my fill.

govt kontrakt projkt mgr
    OK--this reply is going to be slightly OT. Aberdeen was my 1st permanent duty station. It deserved the reputation it had back then-- a true party,anything went type place. anyway about riding---woodpecker point and the fishing pier behind the BOQ area were good places to go park and ride a girl. Even when the MPs caught-- as long as the ranks "were pretty much the same" of the entwined gal and guy-they didnt really care.---ask how i know--ha ha

Quote Originally Posted by bowler1
    Hi,
    I made a post a while back about biking in a few different areas to include Aberdeen (places where I was likely to get relocated to). Well I found out today that I will be going to Aberdeen.

I got some good info on the last post and was wondering if anyone else out there had some info on good spots to ride in that area.

thanks!

Matt

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

Your probably in luck

Susquehanna State park is nearby on the Aberdeen side of the river. It's just north of Havre de Grace. Good location for MTB.

http://www.dnr.state.md.us/publiclan...squehanna.html

Elk Neck and Fair Hill are not too far away on the other side of the Susquehanna. Great riding in both places.

Backpacking along Kelly's Run in PA or the Mason Dixon Trail.

Members who have read this thread: 0