Michaux Mash- Mtbr.com

Thread: Michaux Mash

ISO Perpetual FLOW

Michaux Mash

Looks like there's a four hour race in Michaux on March 15th. If you like riding the Watershed or Gambrill your gonna love this. The race is put on by a new team that's trying to promote the sport by training Jr. racers to develop the skills needed to be successful and still have fun.This will be a good race to get some more base training before the season starts. Not sure what trails they're using but everything in Michaux is great. It'll also be a good warm-up race for those of you doing the Bakers Dozen. So come on out and test your metal against the great trails Michaux has to offer.

Here's the BikeReg link... http://www.bikereg.com/events/register.asp?eventid=7562

mtbr member
    I am planning on doing this race. Just need the funds. BTW what is the MASTERS cat.

ISO Perpetual FLOW
    Quote Originally Posted by dkeg
    I am planning on doing this race. Just need the funds. BTW what is the MASTERS cat.
    I'm not sure at what age the masters cat. begins... I'll try and find out.

ISO Perpetual FLOW
    The masters class is 35+... for those of you still interested.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    hopefully racing juinor open on my new felt nine solo

ISO Perpetual FLOW
    Quote Originally Posted by rockintheshed
    hopefully racing juinor open on my new felt nine solo
    Doesn't look like anybody is registering yet. Got a new bike very good choice.
    It doesn't look like I'm racing this one... I'm doing the Patapsco race two weeks later. My elbow is healing well and I should be back on the trails next weekend.

mtbr member
    I'm familiar with most of the trails this will run on and it should make for an awesome course. If I wasn't out of town on business I would be doing this race.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by 269er
    Doesn't look like anybody is registering yet.
    You are not joking. I wonder what is up. I plan on registering when I get the funds. But I am wondering if anyone else is going to race.

ISO Perpetual FLOW
    You are not joking. I wonder what is up. I plan on registering when I get the funds. But I am wondering if anyone else is going to race.
    It just may be too early to do a 4hr. race for most people. I tried to find out how long the laps were... but didn't get an answer. I did the 18hrs. on the farm two years ago when they had it in November... racing an endurance race in the cold can be a little tricky. I hated having a wet helmet and shoes from sweating too much I was cold for most of the race.

mtbr member
    9 miles lap. 1000' vert.
    100 pre-registrants as of today.
    I'm driving from NH. We've got 2' of snow still.
    I'm nuts for racing and checking out trails new to me. Damn, I love MTB racing.

HopHeads, Unite!
    Sooo, I know dkeg and Raineman were there....who else showed up? We had a great turnout and everyone seemed to really dig the course layout. And of course the food. And, most importantly, the race raised a decent amount of cash for the MTB Devo team to send a bunch of juniors to Nats in Colorado and other races.

Thanks for coming, to everyone who showed up.

Brett
    People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

Members who have read this thread: 0