Meeting @ Coopers this Friday- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Good job! Meeting @ Coopers this Friday

I have this Friday off since it's a Federal Holiday. I know many others do also. That being the case Lowcel and I along w/ a friend of his are planning to me at Coopers Rock in Morgantown that Friday for a ride. No camping or anything, just driving up, ride and come home that evening. I live just south of DC and it takes me about 3.5 hours of straight driving to get there. That is of course depending on traffic. So anyhow, anyone who'd like to join us is more than welcome. Not speaking for Lowcel, but I wouldn't think he'd mind splitting some gas getting to Coopers. Same goes to me. If anyone in the DC area would like to hook up for a ride up and back, just let me know. I'm planning to hit the road around 6AM from my place and get there between 10am and 10:30am. I figure something like a 4 or 5 hr medium pace ride w/ stops.

Alright, let's ride!
    C&B - Is coopers hardtail friendly or should I take the dually?

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by LowCel
    C&B - Is coopers hardtail friendly or should I take the dually?
    I've rode that old beater GT hardtail I have out there for yrs w/o problems, but I would recommend a full squishy. Your fingers and a$$ will thank you. This is the kinda stuff I built the Titus for.

Alright, let's ride!
    Ok, guess I'll bring the Truth. If anyone wants to car pool let me know.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by LowCel
    Ok, guess I'll bring the Truth. If anyone wants to car pool let me know.
    U tell David yet?

Alright, let's ride!
    E-mailed him a couple of hours ago.

Back in NH
    Jan 2005

Snow damage???

Perhaps interested in your ride. Have you checked on trail conditions? It is my understanding that a freak early wet snow storm we had a couple of weeks ago caused a significant amount of damage in the way of down trees and limbs to the point that riding was a lost cause.
    Not trying to rain on ya. Just wondering if you had perhaps made a call and knew more.
    jamie

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by WesternMD
    Not trying to rain on ya. Just wondering if you had perhaps made a call and knew more.
    jamie

Naw, don't feel bad. Actually, Lowcel called me the other day to report that his buddy had done a ride up there over the weekend and that there was alot of downed trees and such. That being the case we've decided to put this off 'till a better time. I wasn't even aware that a storm had even hit the place.

The only reason I haven't posted this sooner is the lack of responses for people wanting to hook up for the ride.

I'll make a post here when we decide to meet up there again and I appericate you informing me.

Bikes & Beer
    May 2005
    I was at cooper's a week and a half ago, and it was horrible. Trees were down everywhere, most of them were big trees. It looked like they started to clear some of the trails but most were untouched. I might go up there this weekend, just beaucse its only 10 minutes from me, ill keep you all informed if i go.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by MDrider
    I was at cooper's a week and a half ago, and it was horrible. Trees were down everywhere, most of them were big trees. It looked like they started to clear some of the trails but most were untouched. I might go up there this weekend, just beaucse its only 10 minutes from me, ill keep you all informed if i go.

Cool. I appericate it. your profile says you're from Gathersburgh right?

Bikes & Beer
    May 2005
    I grew up in Gaithersburg/Darnestown,MD, but i have been going to school for a while here in Morgantown.

Feb 2004

Fyi

the Mon bike club yahoo group and wamsley cycles both had crews up there last weekend clearing, and i think coopers rock foundation did too. there may be some clear trails now. you may want to give wamsley's a call and see what they have to say. i'm out with a bad back so i haven't been up there since the weekend after the snow, and it was worthless.....couple-a miles of hiking with a bike on your shoulder till you decide to ride the road back to the parking lot.

Members who have read this thread: 0