Hey Guys,

My name is Jack Kelly. I work for a company called RPL Land Management – currently developing a community called Willowsford in Loudoun County, VA, not too far from Ashburn (Willowsford Virginia). I have spent the last 4 years in Colorado going to school and racing DH collegiately and as a sponsored rider. Conveniently, as part of my job here at Willowsford, I have been tasked with constructing large multi-use trail network throughout our 4,000 acres of farm land (2,000 acres of open space – 2,000 acres of single family detached housing). I just finished construction on one of our larger loops (7 miles at the moment) at the Grant. It is worth mentioning that while we anticipate these trails to be open only to residents, we are open to the idea of working with the local bike community to set rides up in the interim.

Anyway, Go Time Racing will be hosting a time trial/xc event on June 30th starting at 9am called the Grant Combo - the first installment of our RIDE Willowsford series. Pre-rides this weekend from 9am-1pm. Visit the Bikereg site for all of the info/directions and sign up! The first 150 registrants will receive a really cool Willowsford Jersey...see bikereg for rendering. https://www.bikereg.com/Net/16495

I’m sure some of you will be curious about the trail…. Think Schaeffer Farms – fast and flowy…not too technical. Unfortunately, the multi-use nature of these trails has prohibited the use of single track in many areas, so 6 foot tread width largely speaking. There are wooded areas, some double track, rolling topo, stream crossings, farm fields etc.

Thanks and feel free to contact me at JKelly@willowsford.com.