• 05-13-2018
    mike81
    Looking for riding groups near me. Southern md
    Hello all,Iím 36 M from Calvert county , Md. I just got back into riding and would like to try and find riders near me. I usually ride Rosaryville and bacon ridge in md . I would travel a bit to ride. Iím a half decent rider I guess, not really beginner . I can get through most of the trails Iíve tried and maybe only have to dismount once or twice for a hill if at all. Iím not so much into social media so I suppose that is why Iím having trouble finding groups. Any suggestions?
  • 05-14-2018
    formula4speed
    My geography is terrible, but check to see if MORE has any rides in your area. They have a ride calendar on their website.

https://www.more-mtb.org/
  • 05-14-2018
    smackdoogle
    I'm in Calvert Co also and ride St. Mary's and Rosaryville often. I actually just registered for the DCXC race at Rosaryville in June and the Wednesdays at Wakefield race series in June/July. That's not saying much though, I'll be beginner class hopefully not coming in last. Anyway, I usually ride solo, no reason other than I usually end up being busy when others are riding. I know the bike shop in Solomons would have more info for group riding. They are a great group of people at that shop, always happy to help with bike issues, sometimes on the spot and the prices for their work is very reasonable.

If you strike out there, check out the Rosaryville MTB group on Facebook, I see they normally have 9am Sunday rides (when I'm at church of course) and some other short notice rides.

Finally, I've seen posts on Facebook that there is a group currently building a public MTB course around Huntingtown in Calvert Co. Seems like a great opportunity to get out, help the sport and meet some people. I plan on helping out with the group when I see the next date to help build.

Good luck! I usually ride one day a week after work on my way home (DC commuter) and one day during the weekend, lemme know if you wanna meet up.
  • 10-31-2018
    Akki
    Quote:

Originally Posted by smackdoogle View Post
    I'm in Calvert Co also and ride St. Mary's and Rosaryville often. I actually just registered for the DCXC race at Rosaryville in June and the Wednesdays at Wakefield race series in June/July. I work as a tax advisor for this company. That's not saying much though, I'll be beginner class hopefully not coming in last. Anyway, I usually ride solo, no reason other than I usually end up being busy when others are riding. I know the bike shop in Solomons would have more info for group riding. They are a great group of people at that shop, always happy to help with bike issues, sometimes on the spot and the prices for their work is very reasonable.

If you strike out there, check out the Rosaryville MTB group on Facebook, I see they normally have 9am Sunday rides (when I'm at church of course) and some other short notice rides.

Finally, I've seen posts on Facebook that there is a group currently building a public MTB course around Huntingtown in Calvert Co. Seems like a great opportunity to get out, help the sport and meet some people. I plan on helping out with the group when I see the next date to help build.

Good luck! I usually ride one day a week after work on my way home (DC commuter) and one day during the weekend, lemme know if you wanna meet up.

good luck to you too!