Looking for Rides in Woodbridge Area- Mtbr.com

Jun 2007

Looking for Rides in Woodbridge Area

Hello,

I am just moving from beginner to intermediate and am looking for places to ride in the Woodbridge VA area...don't mind a little commute, but am tired of groomed trails.

Also looking for anyone that likes to ride on a Sat or Sun, as my weeks are usually spent on the road.

Take Care and never brake before the jump..

Arrrr.
    Quote Originally Posted by CrashGordon
    Hello,

I am just moving from beginner to intermediate and am looking for places to ride in the Woodbridge VA area...don't mind a little commute, but am tired of groomed trails.

Also looking for anyone that likes to ride on a Sat or Sun, as my weeks are usually spent on the road.

Take Care and never brake before the jump..
    Have you been to Fountainhead? Pretty fun riding over there. I can give you a tour sometime or MORE ( www.more-mtb.org ) does group rides there most weeks.

Where are you road riding around here? I usually ride the roads between here and Manassas and into Fairfax county some.

PM meand we'll figure something out.
    You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig.

Aug 2007
    Fountainhead park
    Accotink park
    Wakefield park
    Numerous paved trails everywhere.

Apr 2007
    Check out www.thebikesite.org - some of there people are out of that area and they may be able to help you out.

Apr 2004
    I live in Lake Ridge and mostly ride Fountainhead because I have a young family and my time is limited. There is also Conway Robinson Park in Manassas though I have never ridden there myself.

If you want PM me and maybe we can ride sometime.

Arrrr.
    Watch out for that StormShadow, he is corrupting my kid.

j/k!
    You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig.

Jun 2007

Fountain Head sounds good

If fountainhead is the park down by Quantico, then I am all for giving it a try. I live over on the River side by the VRE so it is a quick hop to I95.

Sounds like a good time, how does Saturday sound?

853+29+1x24=Fun
    Fountainhead is about 30 minutes north of Quantico.

Arrrr.
    I think you're thinking of Prince William Forest Park, there isn't much mtbing there and no legal singletrack. It is great for road rides though, there is a 7 mile road loop that is 1- way for about 3 miles and all of it has very light traffic. One grinder of a hill and the rest is pretty flat.

This is the directions from the FH website:
    From I-95 exit 163 in Lorton, go west to Route 123, Ox Road (straight on Lorton Road and then Furance Road). Continue on route 123 west to Hampton Road, route 647. Turning left on Hampton Road and following it to Fountainhead Regional Park.

I ride my road bike back here too, lots of fun. If you live down by VRE you could ride your mtb to FH pretty easily, it's only 8 or so miles.

I'm working Saturday and Sunday this week but could ride some other time.

Jun 2007
    I live right next to where 123 crosses Richmond Highway (1). So I guess I would just follow it out to Hampton Rd then left....OK will try it Sat Afternoon. Thanks, let me know when you have time to ride.

jew

853+29+1x24=Fun
    Man, I live right down the street from you on Old Bridge Rd near Occaquan.

853+29+1x24=Fun
    I'm thinking about hitting FH early Saturday morning before it gets too hot.

Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by twrecks
    Watch out for that StormShadow, he is corrupting my kid.

j/k!
    HA! I plead the 5th.

We need to get together and ride our fixies down the parkway sometime. What gearing do you have on your Langster? I am running 48X16 on the Pista so it might be a slow go for me.

Members who have read this thread: 0