Looking for ride in Floyd, VA end of July- Mtbr.com

Jun 2007

Looking for ride in Floyd, VA end of July

Hey all, i am an avid cross country rider from asheville nc
    my fiancee, the dog and myself will be visiting floyd from the 24-27th of july and i am looking for information about riding in the area and maybe someone to ride with.
    any information would be helpful.

Feb 2006
    Coming up to FlodFest I'm guessing?

I'll be there too, and planning on bringing my bike. I grew up in the area and don't recall much in the way of MTB trails, although that may have changed. I am however familiar with many good areas to ride about 45 minutes away, maybe closer to 1 hour. I do know a former pro womens MTBer who now runs a B&B down there who i might call up to see if she has heard anything. I also have many friends still living in Floyd and working the fest to ask as well. I'll be headed down that Wednesday to set up for Starr Hill brewery and I'll be looking to ride that wednesday and thursday (outside of terrorizing the festie site on my bikey)

Hit me up and maybe we can ride together some.

mtbr member
    Moore-san,

Lauren and I will be there too, provided our tickets come through. We probably won't be there until Friday evening though. I was thinking of bringing my road bike for a little out & back on the BRP saturday.
    will there be beer?

Bicyclochondriac.
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by hyperdawg71
    Hey all, i am an avid cross country rider from asheville nc
    my fiancee, the dog and myself will be visiting floyd from the 24-27th of july and i am looking for information about riding in the area and maybe someone to ride with.
    any information would be helpful.
    Something tells me that I will be in no condition to ride during Floydfest. If anyone sees me on a bike and I have not already fallen down, please take it away from me.

Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by kapusta
    Something tells me that I will be in no condition to ride during Floydfest. If anyone sees me on a bike and I have not already fallen down, please take it away from me.
    That is half the fun. If I see you on a bike, and you haven't already fallen, I'll hand you another beer.

Tom, stoked to hear you two may be coming! I'd like to meet the misses and party down. Hope you like Starr Hill...lol.

I'm pumped to cut it loose for the weekend. My wife and I don't make it to too many festivals these days, although we did hit up AmJam down your way dawg. Good time to say the least.

mtbr member
    i'm 99% sure we'll be there. i'm supposed to get the hookup but if i don't then we'll open the wallets. and i love me some starr hill. woohoo! can't wait.

UPDATE: definitely going, just now printed my tickets.
    Last edited by hogwash; 06-27-2007 at 11:37 AM.
    will there be beer?

Feb 2006
    SWEEEEET!

Jun 2007
    Some friends and I will be attending Floydfest as well. The more the merrier. Floyd County and that region have some incredible riding.

Below is a nice metric century that I rode back in May:

Members who have read this thread: 0