• 02-12-2017
    Harkay
    Looking for MTB shop in Faixfax County
    I live in Reston Town Center. I ride a custom built 2014 Bronson. Anyone know a good local shop/mechanic for repairs, parts, decent supply of full susp MTBs? I went to few shops around here but they mostly had road/hybrid bikes. I am looking for a MTB shop where sales/mechanic guys are real MTB riders and they know what they are talking about. Thanks.
  • 02-12-2017
    bobby_tables
    Quote:

I went to few shops around here but they mostly had road/hybrid bikes.
    That's because road/commuter bike sales keep the lights on.

Trust me, no shop around here will have problems servicing your Bronson. If for whatever reason Bikelane in the RTC doesn't seem up to par for you, then hit up Bikentic in Falls Church. There are SC dealers in the area too, I'd look them up as well.
  • 02-12-2017
    p1nhead
    Fresh Bikes in Mosaic District had some Santa Cruz's in there the one time that I stopped in. Seemed like good guys, no bad vibes. You could check that place out. FWIW...
  • 02-13-2017
    nochamois
    Bike Lane in Reston Town Center rents mtbs and the younger guys there ride Lake Fairfax. Green Lizard in Herdon has a ton of stuff. Conte's has a few locations in NoVA and the guys there ride all of the trails in the area, Fountainhead, Patapsco, etc. Conte's is also a Santa Cruz dealer.
  • 02-13-2017
    useport80
    goto a1 cycling at the herndon clocktower.
  • 02-13-2017
    Harkay
    Thank you all for the suggestions. I will definitely checkout all the places you all have mentioned.
  • 02-15-2017
    jonder91
    I had some work done at A1 in Manassas(sister location of the one in Herndon). They are great guys in there and know their stuff. I know some of them work at both locations so I'm sure the Herndon shop is great too.
  • 02-15-2017
    rijndael
    Quote:

Originally Posted by jonder91 View Post
    I had some work done at A1 in Manassas(sister location of the one in Herndon). They are great guys in there and know their stuff.

Agreed.
  • 02-24-2017
    MASC1104
    I have been going to the bike lane since they first opened years ago. The one is RTC does better mechanical work in my opinion but both shops are equally great in everything else.
  • 02-25-2017
    LiquidSpin
    As mentioned before, don't judge a shop by what they sell. A lot of shops in the local area have fantastic knowledgable and certified bike mechanics that can work on any type of bike whether it's a cheap wally bike to a top of the line road, e-bike, mtb, etc.
  • 03-22-2017
    apbtlvr
    Try Bikenetic
    Might be a bit out of your way but I'm a fan of Bikenetic in Falls Church. It's a good shop and they do quality work. Fat bike friendly too.
  • 03-23-2017
    mudforlunch
    Another vote for A1 Cycling in Herndon. The guys there ride rowdy stuff, and can help you out for DH/Enduro/Trail setups, along with every other type of riding. Fantastic shop.