Look at what Lance is Riding!- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Look at what Lance is Riding!

It's a SUPERFLY WOW....go figure.

mtbr member

mtbr member
    And Pictures:
    http://bobcat13.smugmug.com/gallery/...13863297_sn5Lv

I am the race director for Rocky Hill and it was great having Lance out yesterday. I got a call from his bike handler on Thursday asking about the details of the race, and Friday morning he came out to pre-ride at the ranch which is about 45 minutes from Austin. He started out on a Trek Fuel but came limping back with something amiss with the rear suspension, he then changed over to the GF 29'er and did two more full laps of the 9 mile course, trading wheels/tires after the first one. He and his assistant were very cordial and friendly to the other folks out pre-riding that morning. When they left, they asked the details about registration, within a few hours it was on a couple of forums that he had been there, and I got a call from CyclingNews Saturday morning asking what was up. Like clockwork he showed up about 10:00 o'clock for the the 11:00 start. We gave him the courtesy of having an official go to him to register so he could warm up fairly incognito. He rolled to the pre-grid with two minutes to spare and was called to the front row as a former World Champion to a plethora of clicking cameras. On the start he didn't get clipped in very quickly and so was about 10th going into the first climb out of a field of 26. By the end of the first lap, he was inbetween Bryan Fawley and Scott Henry, with Mitch Comardo a few seconds behind them. He admitted to losing some ground in the technical twisty parts, but Mitch said he opened "the most violent attack" he'd ever seen on a bike on the downhill jeep road ending the second lap, probably hitting 30-35 mph. As they came across the s/f line to start the last lap, Lance was about 30 seconds ahead of Henry, and the other two were similarly spaced behind. The race ended with Lance about a minute ahead of Henry with the others about the same gap. He left pretty quickly after the race, but did take the time to sign autographs for a swarm of kids and was very gracious. His assistant came up to me before they left and said Lance said to give his prize money back so we just paid 2nd place the 1st place money and so on. I did give him Lance's award, a really cool handmade ceramic mug that my co-director for the race, a fulltime artist, had made. All in all, his presence was a cool sideshow for our series' season finale. On a side note, Lance raced TMBRA's Comfort marathon race last January. His last previous TMBRA XC race was at Ft Hood in 1999 so it had been a longtime since he did one of the local short races.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    awesome

glad to see he will be riding the tour. it will definitely spark my interest in it more this coming year.

mtbr member
    I read today that it is still "up in the air", because of fear for his safety...crazy French...rumors some are out to get him or do him harm, so....we'll see I guess...its cool to read about him MTBing, especially the Leadville 100 that was something Dave Weins still held on and beat his previous years record...

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by cableguy46
    I read today that it is still "up in the air", because of fear for his safety...crazy French...rumors some are out to get him or do him harm, so....we'll see I guess...its cool to read about him MTBing, especially the Leadville 100 that was something Dave Weins still held on and beat his previous years record...
    yea i read that article about that in MBA

i CAN NOT imagine having lance armstrong breathing down my neck for 100 miles

dave weins is obviously beast..

Members who have read this thread: 0