Lodi Farm 12 hour race.- Mtbr.com

Apr 2004

Lodi Farm 12 hour race.

Hey anyone riden the Lodi Farm 12 hour race? Just wondering what's the trail like, number of teams, general info.

Fat Boy Deluxe
    Quote Originally Posted by monkeyboy
    Hey anyone riden the Lodi Farm 12 hour race? Just wondering what's the trail like, number of teams, general info.

I rode last year on a 3 man team. Will be riding again this year on a duo team. Trail is really nice. Lots of great singletrack, a few a good climbs, some nice downhills, lots of curves, and a water crossing or two (the one at the end can be a lot of fun in the rain).

Last year it rained for about 14 hours straight, all the way through the race, and it was definitely the most mud I have ridden. At times the trail turned into an 8" deep stream. People went completely through sets of disc brake pads.

By the end of the race I was pretty done. That can be attributed to the amount of beer I probably drank though. Heck, I'm going back for seconds, so it can't be that bad...

DT

Fat Boy Deluxe

More Info

Race Info:
    http://www.teambikeworks.org

Trail Info:
    http://content.mtbr.com/pscTrails/Un...3_4585crx.aspx
    (I believe the locals call it Hollywood, but the racers say Lodi)

A few pics from the race last year - nothing real trail related...
    http://athena.sas.upenn.edu/~david/p...ke/races/lodi/

DT

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    I rode last year, and thought it was great. Planning to ride again this year. I thought the course was fairly easy (except for all the mud like the guy above mentioned!). Not much climbing, not very technical, but still fun riding. Fairly twisty, lots of turns, pace on the slow side. Hopefully it will be dry weather this year!

mtbr member
    I've raced there several times, and it is a great course. I'll be racing Lodi Farm solo this year.

Basically it is a rolling course with almost no big climbs or huge descents. The cours is very twisty and narrow, truly can be described as singletrack, sometime it seems so narrow that it is more like 3/4track. Very many turns, twists and switchbacks with plenty of roots. Often you'll see riders a few yards away, but minutes of separation in terms of actual course... Almost no fire-roads, only a couple places to release the handlebars long enough to eat a GU. Check my post in the Endurance Racing Forum for further details.

Great people running the course, and a wonderful lady who owns the farm and is kind enough to let us use it for the race - be sure to respect her property and clean up when you leave.

Have fun, see you there.

Apr 2004

Thanks.

Yeah, I'm signed up now. Have most of my 24 Hours of Snowshoe team riding it. (all but one) So it will be a good warm up for that. See you guys there.

Gold Member
    A few people from CyclingCentralVa will be racing there, as well as some MORE people.
    Both groups are becoming almost a big family now, certainly feel free to check out the site and try to meet up with some of the riders if you want.

It should be a blast.

Here is the newest link for the race.

http://centralva.org/cycling/index.p...wtopic=994&hl=

Jay

Gold Member
    And DT has it right, the locals call it Hollywood Farms, thats it's older name and because its on Hollywood farms road.

Ps. The guys over at OldeTowneBicycles are not even the ones putting on the race, but are the ones who bust their butts to get the trails ready for the race, so if you need anything please check them out.
    You will pass the store on the way to the race on Rt3 about 3/4ml after you get off I95 in Fredericksburg.

They are on the left as you head into downtown. Look for Donut Connection and they are at the end of that building by the stoplight.