Kennison Mountain Spring Cleanup?- Mtbr.com
    CrgCrkRyder
    Apr 2007

Kennison Mountain Spring Cleanup?

I haven't heard anyone mention recently if Kennison Mountain in WV is still a mess. I'm guessing it is. With High country riding dwindling down due to the season, thinking about next year. Anyone else interested in a cleanup weekend over there in the spring sometime? I have my chainsaw certification and would be willing to donate a weekend sometime. I usually help NMan with Dragons Back and Mountain Mama ('Douthat) races and pre-race cleanup in April and May, but could probably find a weekend sometime if others are interested. Something to think about over the winter. I think it would take at least 3 sawyers (+ swampers) to clean it up.

I don't feel like I got the true Kennison Mtn experience with the Slatyfork Shuffle crew last spring, as we spent most of our time climbing over and through log tangles.

Not sure what to type?
    I'd be willing to lend a hand, just name the time and place.
    That's one of my favorite trails.
    The Juice Was Worth The Squeeze!!!

Because I am !
    Hey CCR, I'm in ! I was trying to get contact with the ranger over there through davis to see if we could get a key to the gate at Frosty Gap. Kyle ( I believe that is NMan ) had been communicating with me and was wanting to bring about three guys, one may have been you, to clean it up in early Oct. but we never got a response from the ranger.

I say we do it without the ranger. I have access to a bob trailer so we wouldn't have to walk the entire thing. Just let me know as well and I'll make arrangements to be there for a weekend.

ODN
    Caffeine ! "Do stupid things faster and with more energy" ! !

the unvarnished nonsense
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigCreekRider

"Hey look! Mushrooms!"

Yeah, that trail needs to be cleaned, it's awesome (except with 456 blowdowns). I don't have the cert., but I have a Stihl and I could probably borrow a Bob trailer as well.
    "Sufficient to have stood, yet free to fall."
    -John Milton, Paradise Lost

www.justthebonnet.com
    I'd be up for coming out to help. Kennison is a great trail when you can actually ride the whole length of it.

I also have a small bow saw that makes quick work of 5" branches & such. Not as fast as a chainsaw but a whole lot lighter!
    So I guess we would wait for spring to do this since I would imagine more trees will fall over the winter time.
    Capt_Phun's Riding Blog:
    http://captphun.blogspot.com/

I better go get my headlamp while I'm sober....ish

Members who have read this thread: 0