I'm pregnant!- Mtbr.com

Thread: I'm pregnant!

the unvarnished nonsense

I'm pregnant!

I mean, er, we're pregnant. Or, more specifically, Amy's pregnant. Due date sometime around St. Patrick's Day next March. Another reason why the surgery couldn't be put off. Guess that next new bike might be a hardtail with a trailer, instead of the 6"+ travel monster. Oh well, guess I wasn't planning on doing anything for the next 18 years or so anyways....

Guess I'll be handing out cigars (or similar items) at the next shuffle.
    "Sufficient to have stood, yet free to fall."
    -John Milton, Paradise Lost

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Congrats

Having kids is great fun, and a little frustrating (till you adapt to being a parent). You should still be able to ride, but it will most likely be for shorter rides that you will enjoy (or appreciate) even more now that your time will be more limited. Teaching kids how to ride is fun as well.

I have 2 little kids, and I am still able to ride 2-4 times a week. My 4 yr old like doing adventure rides to playgrounds or to creeks/woods where we can go on "secret paths". Great fun.

You are going to have great adventure.

Because I am !
    Awesome! Hummmm? March? That's what you get for taking her to
    Colorado ! Congrats davis and Amy ! I can't wait till you get that little one on the
    trails. Looks like the Greenbrier River Trail is in your near future..... We'll have to put
    together a family campout/ride next summer, maybe the Slatyfork Crawl (trailers and
    trail-a-bikes welcome).

It'll be more fun than you may think at this moment. It's been a hoot raising my two and
    I wouldn't change a thing (other than my last crash ). Hope to see you both soon and
    congradulate you in person. Be sure to tell Amy congrates also.

ODN
    Caffeine ! "Do stupid things faster and with more energy" ! !

Alright, let's ride!
    That is great, congratulations Davis!!!!!!
    Don't bring me down..........

Jul 2006
    Hey - Great news!!!
    Congrats to you and Amy.
    Ya know ----- changing diapers will be great "rehab" for you.
    And pacing the floors at all hours of the night with a fussy baby might give new meaning to "doing the Shuffle".

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Will this be the end of the drunken antics of the He11 raising Hillbilly??? Will he be brought down buy his arch nemeses - Responsibility w/ her sidekick -Work and kids???? Tune in next yr...Same bat time....same bat channel!!!

Congrats Pat!!!

dead weight
    Dec 2003
    Congrats Pat!

www.justthebonnet.com
    Wow congrats. I am surprised that with all the shuffle "activities" we partake in that your boys can swim. Jason & I were discussing what a davis as a dad might look like, quite funny at your expense. So what's the name? I vote for Phun O' McCarty.
    Capt_Phun's Riding Blog:
    http://captphun.blogspot.com/

I better go get my headlamp while I'm sober....ish

the unvarnished nonsense
    For a boy's name, I'm partial to "Davis". No, really. For a girl? I dunno...Tanqueray? Shaniqua? Velma? Eula? Lefty? Obviously, I'll have little say in this matter, and that's probably best for the child.

I saw the ultrasound this past Monday. I'm leaning towards the fact that its a girl. I mean, if that were *my* son in there, well, I would have clearly been able to tell. There's a reason why I always wear those long shorts, ya know.
    "Sufficient to have stood, yet free to fall."
    -John Milton, Paradise Lost

Members who have read this thread: 0