Hey Kmoses....- Mtbr.com

Thread: Hey Kmoses....

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Hey Kmoses....

How did ya do in the race last weekend? I was out three camping w/ a couple friends this weekend and had a blast riding the WVU Forest and the Coopers Rock portions of the place. Saw the course markers. It looked liked that they had people going down Scotts Run this year.

mtbr member
    it was a heartbreaker. i was running well after coming up out of scotts run and just as i crossed the road to take that relatively flat sprint to hook up with the trail down towards the clay furnace, BAM, chain busted. I knew not to take it up into the big chainring b/c a rock had slammed into my rd early in the race bedning it, but i did anyway and snap. it was one of those sram chains with the powerlink and i not having brought a spare link and not being able to find the one that busted off was out of the race. but live and learn i guess.

Yup, it was carnage going down that rocky stretch of scotts run from the campground. I think there was a biker down every ten feet on both sides of the trail. I think some guys got a little banged up but mostly just flats.

We still haven't had any significant rain out here and coopers is still dry and fast. Its been a nice few weeks out there.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by kmoses
    it was a heartbreaker. i was running well after coming up out of scotts run and just as i crossed the road to take that relatively flat sprint to hook up with the trail down towards the clay furnace, BAM, chain busted. I knew not to take it up into the big chainring b/c a rock had slammed into my rd early in the race bedning it, but i did anyway and snap. it was one of those sram chains with the powerlink and i not having brought a spare link and not being able to find the one that busted off was out of the race. but live and learn i guess.

Yup, it was carnage going down that rocky stretch of scotts run from the campground. I think there was a biker down every ten feet on both sides of the trail. I think some guys got a little banged up but mostly just flats.

We still haven't had any significant rain out here and coopers is still dry and fast. Its been a nice few weeks out there.
    Sorry to hear abouot your DNF. I know that it can be bummer. Did you not have a chain tool? The last time I raced Coopers I had my chain snap about halfway down Scotts before the money climb. I had to splice the links together and when I got started again I was DEAD LAST. Behind the Jr. racers. Made up alot of time the sprint area you're talking about. I LOVE flying thru there. I may do a little racing next yr. I dont know yet.

Hey, I stopped by Wamsley Cycles and picked up a COOL WVU cycling jersey! Been waiting a few months for it. They can't keep 'em in stock and had to put my name on the waiting list.

Maybe I'll give ya a shout on the board hear next time I'm in the area and we can hook up for a ride. I know I'll be camping there a couple times next year.

mtbr member
    I usually don't bring tools during races except what I need for changing flats. Live and learn I guess.

Yea, drop a line next time you're around m-town.

Members who have read this thread: 0