Help save Gauley Mountain, WV- Mtbr.com
    bjk
    mtbr member
    Apr 2006

Help save Gauley Mountain, WV

This mountain is in the heart of West Virginia, right between the Gauley and New rivers. Let's put an end to mountaintop removal, so we'll have mountains to fly down on our bikes ;-)

Quick petition:
    http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/hel...gauleymountain

Thanks!
    Bryan

mtbr member

Petition signed

Hopefully this is permanent scarring of the landscape will end with the new administration.
    Back in 2007 Obama said: "We're tearing up the Appalachian Mountains because of our dependence on fossil fuels."
    "We have to find more environmentally sound ways of mining coal, than simply blowing the tops off mountains."
    FrankNbike

WWW.WVBIKE.ORG
    Fun Places To Bike In West Virginia

mtbr member
    Dec 2004

Yeah right...

[QUOTE=FrankNbike]Hopefully this is permanent scarring of the landscape will end with the new administration.

Don't hold your breath. You will end up personally paying a carbon tax long before mountain top removal coal mining is eliminated.

JOEY

ps: what energy source keeps your lights lit?

bjk
    mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Joey,

Watch this short vid, then tell me you're happy with your lights being powered by coal mined by mountaintop removal.

http://www.vbs.tv/video.php?id=494918454

mtbr member
    Dec 2004

Friend of coal, NOT!!!

I said nothing in my post about being happy about having my lights powered by coal attained by the destruction of MY beautiful mountains. I am just saying that we all complain about mountain top removal coal mining but nobody complains about having warm homes and and idiot boxes to watch.

I aspire to someday have a home which does not require me to be dependent upon coal for my electricity or electricity for that matter. The reason we have mountain top removal coal mining is because people have become so used to living there comfortable lives and paying so little for electricity.

JOEY

ps: Obama is nothing but a corporate neo liberal puppet. If everyone in this country truly longed for a change they should have voted for a third party candidate. Not another stuffed suit. The real president of this country is Rahm Emanuel, the democratic Karl Rove.

Members who have read this thread: 0