mtbr member

Help with Fair Hill

Hey everyone, I go to school at University of Delaware and have been riding at Fair Hill lately. Now I did the race there this summer, so I know its possible to link an infinite number of trails for a long ride. My problem is that I keep looping back to the same spots after about 5-10 minutes of riding. Anyone feel like giving me a great route for Fair Hill? Thanks guys.

-Corey

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    I don't ride there often enough to describe my route, but this will link you to a map.
    Enjoy!
    http://www.dnr.state.md.us/publiclan...irhillmap.html

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ckropp
    Hey everyone, I go to school at University of Delaware and have been riding at Fair Hill lately. Now I did the race there this summer, so I know its possible to link an infinite number of trails for a long ride. My problem is that I keep looping back to the same spots after about 5-10 minutes of riding. Anyone feel like giving me a great route for Fair Hill? Thanks guys.

-Corey
    4 possibles:

1) go to www.trailspinners.org. Clink on the race and Poker Run links on the left. They will eventually take you to the maps for both. These maps are more up to date than the Park maps. They will provide loops from 5-30 miles.

2) Show up for one of the regular Tuesday or Thursday club rides at Fair Hill. See also the website.

3) Come to the Second Annual MTB Jamboree at Fair Hill the first weekend of November. Details to follow on the club website as soon as they are finalized. Guided tours will be provided.

4) Go to yahoo. Join the Trailspinners Yahoo group (there is a also a link on the website). Watch the e-mails for impromptu rides.

TS

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Do all four !!!

Like Tim recommended, but do all 4. And...for option #5, the next time you bump into a Trailspinner, thank them for the phenomenal trails at Fair Hill ...and Middle Run/White Clay...and Branywine. I took a buddy to Fair Hill last Sunday and he was blown away by the place. We only scratched the surface by riding 20 plus miles. I usually recommend buying an offical map from the Park/Ranger Office and printing out the last couple year's Fair Hill Race maps. I copy parts of the offical map and use a color marker to trace out my route(from the race map). The race maps are good because they have the trail names(i.e. South Park, Drunken Sailor, and Crackhead Bob) that everyone wants to ride, but might throw you because they don't have trail intersections/junctions displayed. -Bob
    Sir Dabs-alot

Members who have read this thread: 0