Heading to Davis, WV- Tell me about fat biking there- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Heading to Davis, WV- Tell me about fat biking there

Hi all,
    Several of my riding buddies are going on a ski trip to Davis this upcoming weekend. I haven't skied or snowboarded for over 10 years, but I'm considering bringing out my Surly Ice Cream Truck for a little bit of winter XC riding. I'd love to hear more about current conditions and my options for riding- I've read that Blackwater Falls State Park and Big Bear Lake are fat bike accessible. Any locals who could provide some intel?

I would have called up Blackwater Bikes, but missed their hours today and it looks like they're closed Tuesday-Thursday, and I need to make a call as to whether I'm going out there before Friday morning.

mtbr member
    Mar 2015
    Hey PWW....

I've not ridden fat bikes there.....yet. But am pretty familiar with the area. I'm actually planning to be there this weekend myself. I've ridden there a lot, but never in the snow. I just bought my first fat bike from Blackwater last weekend. I'm planning to contact them Friday to get an update on conditions. If there's not too much snow, I'll probably plan to ride the "regular" trails. If there's more than 4-5", I'll hear to Blackwater Falls. I should be up there by noon or so Friday. I'm wanting to ride some that afternoon and maybe again Saturday. Feel free to shoot me a message if you want some company. Also, hit up the guys at Blackwater Bikes. They'll steer you in the right direction.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I am the owl
    Quote Originally Posted by PantslessWithWolves View Post
    I would have called up Blackwater Bikes, but missed their hours today and it looks like they're closed Tuesday-Thursday, and I need to make a call as to whether I'm going out there before Friday morning.
    Try contacting them on Facebook or Instagram, you can probably get an answer that way.
    https://www.facebook.com/BlackwaterBikes/

https://www.instagram.com/blackwaterbikes/
    SingleSpeedOutlaw .com
    Riding Bikes and Drinking Beer.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Figured why not revive this thread.

Where are the current hot spots for fat biking this time of year in and around the Davis, Thomas, Cannan Valley WV area?

thanks in advance
    XC, Road, XXC, Endurance, Mtn, All-Mtn, Cross, Gravel, just go have fun on 2 wheels!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by HEMIjer View Post
    Figured why not revive this thread.

Where are the current hot spots for fat biking this time of year in and around the Davis, Thomas, Cannan Valley WV area?

thanks in advance
    Was just out there to ski recently, and unless something changed this last week, snow outside of the slopes has pretty much melted away. You would need another storm to revive the fatbike winter trails. Aside from that, reach out to the Blackwater Bike crew for the conditions/trail advice scoop. There might be some snow the deeper in you go, but I didn't see anything.