Gambrill / Watershed, good times today.- Mtbr.com
    I heard you swear...

Gambrill / Watershed, good times today.

Man what an amazing day.

Ed was able to have his son in law do a running shuttle today, we got 5 or so runs in with a lot of walks back up to the top of the jump section. I just had a totally fun time, and was able to ride down slow once with my camera and get some cool shots of ed, and the area.

Although I have to admit, I am missing doing the good ol' patapsco rides. I'll have to run up there next Saturday or something.

You all who have not been should really consider going up there! I'll get some cool shots of you guys at least if you try any of the fun jumps!!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

(Warning: There is blood in this flickr account... Ed will likely chime in later)

mtbr member
    DAMN Sanders Awesome shots of me...I love that frist one...WOW!!! My flickrs are loaded...
    Here is the one AFTER the crash cleaning up the blood...listen real close everyone at the very end what I say...and we did too, nothing as little as this is going to stop the fun...
    Well can't seem to load the video hmmmm...check out my flickr account in the meantime, I'll load it to youtube and then see if I can link it from there....

Story - we were going down the jumps...my son-in-law was laying under the second one (where I'm getting all the air above), and you can see the videos in the flickr link too...well at the end of the jumps you dip into this culvert, and come up the other side...just like the first time there I came out a bit to "hot" and caught a little air....but it was just enough to do a front wheel "wheelie" only long enough to get flipped...so fast didn't even have time to put any limbs out (thank god probably would have broke something)...well I went into the same damn leave filled hole as 2 weeks ago, only this time I hit on the side of my helmet (thank god for full face with chin guard) cause it was enough impact to break my nose (yep listen close in the video while I'm cleaning my face and you can hear it go "click" as I pop it into place...hurts like a mother f'er right now though) and smack my mouth giving me one hell of a fat upper lip...split it inside my mouth and slightly on the outside...can't smile at all now...but you know what, I'd not only do it again but we DID DO IT AGAIN...that place is just such a RUSH...
    Oh yeah got a flat in the same darn spot as the last 2 times riding there and it was the last run of the day too...have to use much higher tire pressure...actually getting some Mavic DEEMAX rims so they'll be tubeless and that'll take care of that problem...
    Last edited by cableguy46; 01-18-2009 at 03:50 PM.

Sweeper
    HOLY **** Ed!!!! Glad you are ok and no Broken parts!!! Blood on the bike is a interesting shot!!

No vids of the wreck? How did it happen?

mtbr member
    And tell your buddy Smitty to quit giving you weather reports...he should go to work for one of the TV stations...it was excellent conditions today...he must be used to riding in nothing but "perfect" conditions....it was so much better than last week...

mtbr member
    WOW...great pictures on your flickr Sanders...thanks so much!!!!

mtbr member
    Awesome action shots, guys. After this, riding in Patapsco will be a, ummm, ride in the park.

And from now on, we will call you "Craaazy Ed".

By the way, I watched the vid and I just lost my appetite for dinner.

Sweeper
    Weather reports from anyone are always iffy. He was not the only one that said that. Glad to hear it was ok out there.

The only reason I mention those "Reports" is hoping you will come join us and not turn completly Mr DH on us!

mtbr member
    Here's a good Bloddy Shot!!! and Larry no Stitches...LOL... ouch, don't make me laugh...:0

mtbr member
    Oh chance of that is pretty slim Smitty...this DH stuff is like heroin...once every weekend..have to...and if i have only one day to choose then it's gotta be DH...

I heard you swear...
    Oh my god man, you've got to link that one. I think I just threw up in my mouth a little. Haha.

Sweeper
    Hahaha.... we all figured that much. Dont become a total stranger! Got to put the Niner to use!

mtbr member
    Great! I knew I shouldn't have been reading this thread and eating my dinner.

At least you still have your front teeth. How did you get blood on your seat post? Did you hit the bike?

mtbr member
    No the blood on my seat post must have been just from all the dribbling and spitting...never came close to the bike...

Thank god for dentures Eujinc or your right I definently would have lost a few of the top front ones...it hurt like hell...

Oh I won't be a stranger...going out Tuesday...back to our usual Tuesday night rides...

Bicycle rider

Bicycle rider
    You are f Ing crazy!

Cracker
    ed how did you do that with a full face helmet?

Sweeper
    I was curious also. I assume something was an odd shape and some how entered the eye port area just enough to catch the nose?

mtbr member
    It was a limb hitting the sde/face area of helmet...look at this picture you can see the large opening...but without...oh man that would have then been serious, probably shattered jaw/cheek bones....and then what hitting the ground at what would ya say Sanders we were doing about 30+?????

mtbr member
    Holy god! Ed you're my fcking hero!!!!!!

Can I call you my friend? LOL

stud
    "My Fat Hurts." - Me

mtbr member
    Looks like you just earned your red wings.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Salt Lick
    Looks like you just earned your red wings.
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!!!

Even better that he said "pieces of flesh coming out."
    "My Fat Hurts." - Me

mtbr member
    SO Wood you'r wanting to retrack an earlier statement from the "other" thread? WHy cause of a little blood? ahh come on grovel a little more...

WOW Salt that statement goes back alot of years for me...LOL

Sanders...yep it's swollen and hurts like a bit** today...my morning staff meeting went really well today...very hard holding back laughs and smiles when my upper lip didn't WANT to move...

song of the saw-whet owl
    geezus cableguy!! as if the cross-country riding at the watershed isn't technical and challenging enough you gotta gotta take it to the next bloody level?!?!
    just another piece of chaga

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by cableguy46
    SO Wood you'r wanting to retrack an earlier statement from the "other" thread? WHy cause of a little blood? ahh come on grovel a little more...

WOW Salt that statement goes back alot of years for me...LOL

Sanders...yep it's swollen and hurts like a bit** today...my morning staff meeting went really well today...very hard holding back laughs and smiles when my upper lip didn't WANT to move...

I was kidding!

I'l grovel, though. Not above that.
    "My Fat Hurts." - Me

I heard you swear...
    We were certainly going fast, I would believe 30.

Ed, pm me your paypal, i forgot it again!

Members who have read this thread: 0