Furry Trail Obstacles- Mtbr.com
    CrgCrkRyder
    Apr 2007

Furry Trail Obstacles

Took a ride at Carvins Cove yesterday. Lots of mechanical issues with the bike lately, but when I got it from the shop yesterday it rolled like a new bike. Rode 4 Gorges and the new extension. Awesome job on the new trail, thanks to all of you volunteers for doing a great job.

Forgot to retrieve my memory card from the computer, so the only pics I got were what I could store on the cameras internal memory.

Hit Comet and survived all the root drops. They seemed a little rougher than what I remember. Rolling out the bottom of Comet I was watching the trail. Funny, I have riding Carvins Cove for 5 years and have never seen a bear there. Lots of them in the national forest, but none at the Cove. Yesterday I saw 4. This fellow was in the trail, quite an obstacle. He meandered off the trail, allowing me plenty of time for a photo-shoot.

Tons of squirrels were out and running all about. A hawk flew right past me on Happy Valley fire road. This armored friend was I believe laying eggs right on side of the trail. Probably not the best nesting area.

Started up Arrowhead and I could see a deer off in the distance watching me. I looked down and this little guy was right in front of me.

Concerned Mom gives me the eye

Another 4 legged trail obstacle walks in front of me

Finished up on Songbird. Close to the top I looked up and there is mama bear with 2 cubs. I took 2 pictures, but the internal camera memory was full. I was just getting ready to turn and go back down and they wandered off up the hill. Donít like to mess with a mama bear with cubs. She was bigger than the first bear.

All in all a great ride, even with all the trail obstacles.

Nostralpicas
    Thanks for sharing,
    that is so cool. There's one bear on cape cod now and you would think the president was in town.
    Coming to the shuffle?
    All work and no play makes "and all no work play"

CrgCrkRyder
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by tic tac View Post
    Thanks for sharing,
    that is so cool. There's one bear on cape cod now and you would think the president was in town.
    Coming to the shuffle?
    Planning on it. I've had a lot of mechanical issues with my bike lately so I was not sure if I would have wheels for the Shuffle. Guys at the shop even thought the frame might be cracked which would have been a real show stopper. Turned out to be in the pivots and its rolling great now (thanks East Coasters).

Funny, I heard about the bear on Cape Cod on the news.

I'll probably drive up Thursday half way after work, and arrive Friday AM.

mtbr member
    I think I ran across you on 4 Gorges. I mentioned snakes and bears. If this was you, I'm sorry I didn't realize until I got past you! Love the pictures (as usual). The bears are really active right now. I had seen one on Songbird and another on Little Bell.

Yesterday three guys stopped me on Enchanted Forest - they were shoo'ing about a 3ft long rattle snake into the woods. It was nice and fat, so who knows what it had just eaten.

And yea the new 4G Ext is awesome!
    Enjoying the trails one pedal stroke at a time...

CrgCrkRyder
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by BikerJen View Post
    I think I ran across you on 4 Gorges. I mentioned snakes and bears. If this was you, I'm sorry I didn't realize until I got past you! Love the pictures (as usual). The bears are really active right now. I had seen one on Songbird and another on Little Bell.

Yesterday three guys stopped me on Enchanted Forest - they were shoo'ing about a 3ft long rattle snake into the woods. It was nice and fat, so who knows what it had just eaten.

And yea the new 4G Ext is awesome!
    Thanks for the comments Jen. Yea that was me. I think I would rather deal with bears than rattlesnakes.

Members who have read this thread: 0