Freedom Park...Anyone from the 'burg?- Mtbr.com

Apr 2007

Freedom Park...Anyone from the 'burg?

Jun 2006
    If your looking for people to ride with, or more trails in W'burg, check out the EVMA at evma.org. I am in Chesapeake, but lots of us make the drive for some elevation changes. Lots of trails close by: New Quarter, Yorkriver, Uppercounty, Gatewood, Harwoods, and our newest, Wahrani. Did i forget any?

Apr 2007
    I am getting back into MTB (should have my new bike this week) and am also new (1 yr) to the area. I live near Freedom park and have seen quite a few MTB'ers at the park. Must be a good ride

I'll check out evma.com

Cheers

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Silly rider you forgot Ipswitch. I would give my left you know what to leave near Freedom Park!

Jun 2006
    I didnt include Ipswich because I didnt think he would travel to Chesapeake to ride!

mtbr member
    Jun 2004

southsider too...

I live on the southside too. Freedom, in my opinion is the funnest trail around with the most natural features to help you scare the carp out of yourself, if you so chose to ride that way. The trail istelf is in a bit of transition due to the construction of park facilities, but still pretty fun.

Living near Freedom...consider yourself lucky. Probably the ideal central location to all of the w-burg rides.

Apr 2007
    Thanks.. Looks like I'll be having some good ride'n this summer Post here if any group rides are planned.

1st ride of freedom park will be this weekend for me...

Nov 2006
    Freedom Park is one of my favorites, mostly cause it's right down to road from me. I do like New Quarter too, some more things to do there. It's just further away.

Members who have read this thread: 0