Freedom Park- Mtbr.com

Thread: Freedom Park

mtbr member
    Mar 2010

Freedom Park

Wow. Just, Wow. Amazingly fun trails. Great layout, great signage. If anyone here does any work on these trails. Two big thumbs up to you guys. I am super jealous of you guys that get to ride this place every week.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    What loops did you do there? I went there for the first time about a month ago, and can't wait to get back, but I can't help feeling like I missed a lot of fun stuff. I think we did the A trail and then the D trail, and then found the C trail and just rode part of that.

We wanted to do the freeride stuff, but I thought it was on the D trail and not the C.

The D trail is pretty awesome though. One second your in thick trees, and the next it looks like your in a whole different forest. Scenery wise that was the coolest thing I have ridden.
    And the first part of the A trail was a lot of fun, but I felt like it kinda dragged on and became somewhat boring.

so yeah what loops did you do and what was your favorite?

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    We did a,b, short section of c,d, then went back and finished c. C was by far the funiest with all the tech features(we didnt attempt many, but enjoyed just seeing them, some crazy drops). D sure was one long climb. It was challenging, but not that much fun. I kept going up and up, and expecting to get some sweet payoff in some long downhill, but it never came. When we finished d, we didnt have the energy to ride the new e loop.

Cant wait to get back there.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    I was just at Freedom Park May 26th. I also checked out New Quarter Park, which wasn't as nice but still worth the trip. Place was awesome except for the extreme amount of ticks. Trail C is one of the most fun trails I have ever been on. A video from there:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZftrKLZTvYs
    "Want to ride some more miles...?"

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by tcapri87 View Post
    I was just at Freedom Park May 26th. I also checked out New Quarter Park, which wasn't as nice but still worth the trip. Place was awesome except for the extreme amount of ticks. Trail C is one of the most fun trails I have ever been on. A video from there:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZftrKLZTvYs
    Nice vid. It's been a few years since I have been to Freedom. I hope to make it there a few times this year (try to get back to riding regularly). Unfortunately, I sprained my thumb at New Quarter on Saturday. Got hung up going down a log pile and went over the bars. Not sure when I will be able to ride again.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    It's like most other places in central VA. There are some decent climbs, with some rewarding downhill at the top, but there isnt any like serious downhill action. The C loop was pretty tame overall for climbs. The A and B loops were pretty average. The D loop was terrible in my opinion. It was nothing but climbing, and I kept thinking "man, this is gonna be a sweet downhill!" and it never happened. There were a couple little downhill sections in it, but no half as much as the climbing. If you have ridden the lake view at Pocohontas, its a lot like that, only a bit more on the flat side.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    is there any change in elevation at freedom park? from all of the photos and videos it seems to be pretty flat. i'm trying to find some fun descents.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    http://connect.garmin.com/activity/75163868

This link should give you the elevation profile. It is a very fun place to ride, especially the C loop. D and E are new and just being broken in. There are no long downhills just a lot of flowing single track.

Members who have read this thread: 0