fredericksburg quarry- Mtbr.com

May 2007

fredericksburg quarry

Has anyone been riding at the quarry in Frederickburg? I have not been there but was thinking about riding there this afternoon. I was just wondering if it was worth going out there? Thanks everyone for the info.

Huh?
    I think I may have been (if its near the W&OD Trail) and I can tell you its just beautiful to watch.

featherweight clydesdale
    As Fredvegas is without a local club that's involved in access issues, I suggest talking with someone at the local bike shops about access in that area. There is City owned land along the river, developer owned land, maybe potential park land. There is probably some kind of plan in the works to maintain what's there or get access and build more, but I don't know the details.

I'm out of the loop now, MWC 96...

Aug 2006
    Hello,
    There are actualy a bunch of us riding there all the time and we are doing lots of trail maintance and making new trails. We mapped it with GPS last week and out we have about 13-15 miles of trail. We added about a mile of trail just last week. The main loop should be about 12-13 miles now. It is techinal and has some hard climes and some fast decents, but it makes it all the more fun. The full loop should take you about 1.5-2.0 hours. I am trying to go out every Sunday to work on new trails and making the ones we have better with bridges and things like that. The trails have really come a long way in the last year and it is a really fun place to ride, almost to much fun as I live right there and it is hard for me to go ride at other places that I have to drive all the way to when there is such a good place to ride right here in my back yard, not that I am complaining, just saying.

I try to ride a few times a week if want a guide and someone to ride with. I am always glad to ride with new people. If my schedule does not work out I can try to get you in touch with someone that can.

Troy

Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Fattirewilly
    I'm out of the loop now, MWC 96...
    MWC 98 here. i recall some fun trails down there. and some crazy cliff diving!

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    umw 2012 here

mtbr member
    I didnt know there was a trail there, thanks for the info. I'm going to have to chew dirt there as well, does anyone make it up to Prince William County? i.e. fountian head/Quantico/ or lorton?

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    There website is Web hosting, domain name registration and web services by 1&1 Internet I live in PW county and make it out to trails al the time.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    I recently rode the lodi farm trail in fredericksburg. One of the most epic rides I've ever been on, being from southern VA where its flat

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by SpAgetttt View Post
    I recently rode the lodi farm trail in fredericksburg. One of the most epic rides I've ever been on, being from southern VA where its flat
    its not bad. there are some fun sections. check out fountainhead regional park. its definitely my favorite trail around there. If you want a really fun ride come to harrisonburg. the hour long climb is worth the downhill!

mtbr member
    Jul 2008

lodi epic really?

first time i have ever heard anyone refer to it as epic, but worth the drive for sure especially when you only live 15 minutes away. For those that havent ridden lodi in a while tight rooty singletrack with some good up and down no extended climbs though, make sure to put your donation in the box as it is private property. the land owner is nice enough to make sure locals have some good singletrack to ride and there is even an annual 12hr ravce there every year.
    XC, Road, XXC, Endurance, Mtn, All-Mtn, Cross, Gravel, just go have fun on 2 wheels!

mtbr member

I don't know about epic, seems that word gets thrown around quite liberally these days.

If you want some cool trails with a bit of climbing, hit up Anglers Ridge in Danville. Awesome trail system and you will get some climbing in for sure. Not Harrisonburg quality climbing, but you will feel the burn for sure
    CyclingCentralVa.org

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Not epic and not even close. Nice spot to ride if you live close. I would not travel for it.

mtbr member
    The best thing about hte Quarry is that you are very close to civilization but it has a very remote feel (I ran into two bears there on the same ride) to it once you get down the ridge a little ways. Be warned though...although FATMUG and others have done a lot of trail work that trail users (of any type) are allowed to ride there at the graces of the city and any agreements to use the trail are very tenous at best. Do us all a favor and be a trail steward so we can keep riding this trail and hopefully expand in the future.

Members who have read this thread: 0