fountainhead project.- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

fountainhead project.

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.ph...inhead+project

the project is based around solving problematic sections of trail, expanding mileage, and re-designing some aspects of difficulty, check out the post linked above, and the dedicated website.

beautiful jackass
    I hope they get the freeride aspect correct and bring to the table some truly challenging obstacles. I'm really worried though that the obstacles will be designed by cross-country riders who might not make them challenging enough for the bigger bikes. This sport is evolving and new trail networks should reflect this.

Unfortunately I'm too poor to donate money to the project or join MORE but I'll try to donate some time in working on the trail.

Edit - Also, why a pump track? That seems to be a silly gimmick idea. I don't see it getting used by the Fountainhead crowd other than as a briefly lived novelty.
    Last edited by one incredible donkey; 03-03-2009 at 04:14 AM.

mtbr member
    I have a feeling you'll be disapointed in the freeride aspect of fountainhead. that place doesnt have the sustained hills for that kind of riding really. if you go to the website, you can see what the plan is. nothing is really terribly specific, but they are planning to have, i believe they called them "interpretive skills areas" or something like that, throughout the trail network. I'm guessing more stuff like the teeter totters and the skinnys and such... but thats just my guess.
    Best case scenario for you, is maybe that these "interpretive skills areas" could be an option section of the trail, maybe a ladder bridge drop or something like that here and there in the most difficult section of the trail.
    personally, i just welcome the repairs, and some fresh trails.

Members who have read this thread: 0