fore-aft balance on RIP9 w/130+mm fork?- Mtbr.com
    I live to bike

fore-aft balance on RIP9 w/130+mm fork?

I have a RIP9 on order, and was planning to run a Reba at 100mm. After reading some reviews, I'm thinking of going with a WB Fluid 135 instead. My only question is how it will affect the climbing. It seems most people are happy with the longer travel, but I guess I'm still a little weary.

I had a Giant Reign that climbed well with the stock Manitou Nixon w/145mm travel (also had the IT which helped even more). But I wasn't fond of the Nixon's downhill performance and put a Fox 36 Vanilla on, which was an awesome fork. Only trouble was, with 160mm of travel, it became a balancing act to keep the front wheel down and the rear wheel planted when climbing. Niner guys have told me the RIP works well with anything from 100-130mm travel, so I should assume it should be good, but thought I'd ask this redundant question once more.

I ride in the rocky, rooty mountains of western VA. If anyone has ridden both a Reba (or other medium-travel fork) and a longer travel fork on various types of climbs and can share their thoughts, I'd appreciate it!

Oh, why can't someone make an adjustable travel fork from 100-130!?! (I was hoping RockShox would plan something for 08, but when I called them, they told me they weren't really doing anything new for 08).

I live to bike
    whoops, meant to post this in the Niner board. will xpost.

Members who have read this thread: 0