Fair Hill/White Clay conditions?- Mtbr.com
    No Gansta Lean here.
    Feb 2004

Fair Hill/White Clay conditions?

From up across the border in PA. (Think, near French Creek) Was thinking about driving down on Sunday AM.

Wondered how the trails are?

Reason being, rode some stuff near Downingtown yesterday that was really sticky just from the freeze/thaw with the way the temps are below freezing in the AM, and once the sun comes up it hits 40 degrees.

Don't want to make the drive to find messy trails. (Def. won't ride in conditions that'll do damage to the trails...)

Any help appreciated! Thanks!
    EWR-HE-148-11-4-97
    Microbeer's Better!

mtbr member
    I rode Middle Run Wed & Thurs (12/3-12/4) and the trails were about 70% muddy..We really didnt enjoy it too much...Maybe Sunday they will be in better condition...Your gonna have to take a chance

No Gansta Lean here.
    Feb 2004
    We rode White Clay last winter. When we got there, everything was frozen and the trails were fast and really fun. But, as I mentioned, the sun got high in the sky, thawed everything out, and it quickly became so muddy that we shouldn't have been out on the trails. Like, clog the seatstays/chainstays muddy....
    Just don't want to make that mistake again. Don't want to cut ruts in the trails....
    Typical muddy spots or water crossings are part of riding....that time down there....EVERYTHING turned to mud!

This weekend's supposed to be cold though.

Anyone else want to chime in?
    EWR-HE-148-11-4-97
    Microbeer's Better!

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    I would ride early Sunday AM to take advantage of potential frozen conditions at White Clay/Middle Run. Wed at Middle Run there were some squishy sections but still very ridable, IMO.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    I think by sunday it should be dried up... I was only there once but it seemed like it all got plenty of sunlight.

Members who have read this thread: 0