Downtown DC Bike Shops??- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Feb 2008

Downtown DC Bike Shops??

Guys, I'm visiting a buddy up in DC tomorrow. Would love to hit a couple of the best shops while I'm up there. He's on Clarendon so I'm looking at shops in and around the downtown area. Looking for a shop w/ quality merchandise and a good selection of parts and gear for a XC rider/racer. Don't care about bike brands.

I pulled up a nice list of shops but would rather not take a shot in the dark.

Thanks!

Happy Trails
    I domino'd a bunch of bikes at Revolution Cycles in Georgetown on M-Street at the bridge one time, and they were very cool about it, so I'll sure send some karma their way. Cool place.

mtbr member
    There's also a Revolution in Clarendon... City Bikes, Spokes Etc,

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Revolution Cycles Georgetown and Clarendon are pretty good. You might have more luck finding the gear you want at the Clarendon store since it is their main store.
    http://revolutioncycles.com/page.cfm...d=12&storeId=2
    2009 Trek 6700D

offroader
    Dec 2008
    If you want to know my opinion of Revolution cycles you can read it here: http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=475509

I personally recomend Bike Rack in D.C. They have exceptional customer service out of the shops I visited.

http://www.bikerackdc.com/

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    There is also a shop right off the C&O Canal in Georgetown, off M Street. It is near Revolution Cycles Georgetown but I forgot the name of the store.

I personally recomend Bike Rack in D.C. They have exceptional customer service out of the shops I visited.

http://www.bikerackdc.com/
    I have never been to this shop, is it big, and is there parking?
    2009 Trek 6700D

offroader
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by steveo555
    There is also a shop right off the C&O Canal in Georgetown, off M Street. It is near Revolution Cycles Georgetown but I forgot the name of the store.

I have never been to this shop, is it big, and is there parking?
    Not that big. Parking is on the street as with most D.C. area bike shops. I know the shop in Gtown you're talking about it's called Bicycle Pro Shop. They have some nice stuff in there, a bit pricey and they never called me back when I called them to special order a part I needed. I would call them average.

another bozo on the bus
    As far as mountain stuff goes, you will most likely be disappointed (i know I always am) in what the shops in the city have to look at unless you get excited to see a stock Specialized, Cannondale or Trek complete. If you dig on the road stuff, the Pro Shop has some good eye candy.

offroader
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by washedup
    As far as mountain stuff goes, you will most likely be disappointed (i know I always am) in what the shops in the city have to look at unless you get excited to see a stock Specialized, Cannondale or Trek complete. If you dig on the road stuff, the Pro Shop has some good eye candy.
    As far as montain bikes go, I would recommend Race Pace (Titus, Trek, GF) near Baltimore and Germantown Cycles (Giant, Spesh, Elsworth, Intense, Santa Cruz). Germantown Cycles has great prices on special order stuff, as low as what you can get over the internet.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Thanks for the replies guys. We stopped in Capital City and Revolution. And while Revolution had a ton of bikes in stock, nothing too exciting, no SS parts either. Oh well. I get get whatever I need online but it's always been more fun to buy in person, maybe it's just me.

retrogroucho
    Oct 2008
    If you're still around, come check us out at the bike rack! We're right in upper NW, Q/14th. Myself and Joe are the fulltime mechanics. We don't have massive inventory but we're both mountain riders, (aluminum ht for me and a rigid steel ss for joe). Dealers for BMC, Scott, Giant, Orbea, Swobo and anything QBP.

Members who have read this thread: 0