Is Douthat a mud-bog?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Is Douthat a mud-bog?

Does anyone know if the conditions at Douthat are any good right now? There's nowhere to ride down in Roanoke because of the snow. I'm looking for somewhere to go that's relatively dry. I'm jonesing hard.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    ride in the snow. dragons back is well drained for the most part. douthat is also pretty well drained, lots of shaley type trail material.

do you mind me asking who you are? i may know you already..

mtbr member
    My name is Mason. I live in Roaonke and spend a lot of time at North Mountain, Fort Lewis Mountian, Carvins, etc.. I ride an '04 trans-blue heckler. How about you?

CrgCrkRyder
    Apr 2007
    We only got 4 inches of snow in Eagle Rock (in the valley), but I haven't been to Douthat or Clifton Forge this week. I would imagine the top of Middle Mountain got hammered, but Beards Mountain side might be OK by the weekend.

mtbr member
    Thanks CCR. By the way, thanks for all the sweet ride reports! keep 'em coming!

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by masonmax
    My name is Mason. I live in Roaonke and spend a lot of time at North Mountain, Fort Lewis Mountian, Carvins, etc.. I ride an '04 trans-blue heckler. How about you?
    Matt from dixie caverns area and i ride a Haro X7. we should meet up and ride man! have you checked out the new stuff on trough yet?

I saw your post in another thread about some 'secret stash' rides... def interested in that, too.

Bicyclochondriac.
    Jan 2004
    Does anyone know if the conditions at Douthat are any good right now? There's nowhere to ride down in Roanoke because of the snow. I'm looking for somewhere to go that's relatively dry. I'm jonesing hard.
    Right now, I would not do Douthat. Maybe by this weekend it will be OK, but snow melting is not like rain draining in warmer months. I would guess that he bottom of Middle Mt (Stoney run, Salt Stump, etc) will be a horrible mess this weekend, as they did work there recently. You may have better luck on the Beard Mt side.

mtbr member
    Yeah.. I've seen that stuff on the trough. I haven't spent much time on it though.

I usually ride with a few other guys - we all have kids so we ride a lot early in the mornings. You should definitely join us.

Is your Haro dark green by chance?

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Yeah.. I've seen that stuff on the trough. I haven't spent much time on it though.

I usually ride with a few other guys - we all have kids so we ride a lot early in the mornings. You should definitely join us.

Is your Haro dark green by chance?
    ya man, its green.

mtbr member
    Do you know Jeff and Wes Plylar? Fred at Just the Right Gear?

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Do you know Jeff and Wes Plylar? Fred at Just the Right Gear?
    yea i rode jeffs haro a bit and thats why i bought my own. I try to keep up with fred when we ride together..

mtbr member
    Right on. That's a sick bike. Do you mostly freeride? Do you ever trail-ride?
    I have ridden with Fred a couple of times. He has some sick jump skills.

Members who have read this thread: 0