Danville, VA Angler's Ridge ???- Mtbr.com
    Mtb Extraordinaire
    May 2006

Danville, VA Angler's Ridge ???

So how are the trails here ? I would have to drive about an hour and a half to get there. Is there enough riding to keep me occupied for 3+ hrs of hard riding (expert XC racer). Is it technical ? How does it handle rain ?

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    I was out there with my wife on july 4th. I would say that their is plenty to keep you occupied for 3 hours. I would not consider the trails to be overly technical. Couple of logs, creek crossings, etc. but nothing an advanced beginner could not handle. Most of the work comes from the trails themselves, with lots of ups and downs, tight and twisty turns etc. I know they run part of the Derailleur series out there so if you race it might be a good stop no matter what. I have never been their after a rain, but I would assume it handles moisture pretty well as it looks to have good drainage and very few flat sections.

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    There are plenty of trails to keep you busy for 3+ hours of riding. You can follow the race loop which is marked with blue arrows. It's about 9 miles long and technical. After riding the race loop, you could pick your own way throughout the 15 miles of singletrack or ride the race loop in reverse. It handles the rain very well. Also the trials are nice and shaddy for those hot and sunny summer days. Go to www.svmba.org for a trail map and driving directions.

Members who have read this thread: 0